Concealed Handgun Permits - Fauquier County Residents Only
Application for New and Renewal Permits
You may download the application for a concealed handgun permit from the Virginia State Police Web Site. This web site also contains information regarding other jurisdictions that recognize Virginia permits.
You must file the following with the Clerk:
- The original application signed by you in front of a notary
The original application MUST include:
- Firearms Competence Certificate OR proof of current permit
- The filing fee of $50.00 payable to the Clerk, Circuit Court of Fauquier County. (This includes $35.00 for the cost of investigation by the local Sheriff, $5.00 to the State Police and $10.00 to the Clerk) CREDIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
You may mail the application to 29 Ashby Street, Warrenton, Virginia 20186 or bring the packet to our office in person from 8am - 4pm Monday through Friday, except legal holidays.
If the application is granted, the concealed handgun permit will be mailed to you. You may request the Clerk to hold the permit for pickup by you. If the application is denied, you will be sent written notice of the reason for the denial.
Request for Replacement Permit
You may request a replacement permit if the original permit is lost or stolen, or is you need to report an address change or a name change by completing the Request for Duplicate Permit form and paying the required fee.
The fee for the replacement is as follows:
- Request for replacement due to loss: $5.00
- Request for address change: $10.00
- Request for name change: $5.00
For Selected State Laws concerning firearms, you may view the Virginia State Police website: http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_StateLaws.shtm
For a summary of laws concerning the carrying of concealed handguns, you may also review the Virginia State Police website: http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_ResidentConcealed.shtmWhereUnlawfultoCarry
Date Last Modified: 01/09/2015