Reciprocal Borrowing Agreements
Reciprocal borrowing agreements provide patrons with Fauquier County Public Library cards the opportunity to borrow materials from several other county library systems, which are listed below.
In turn, patrons of those libraries are entitled to use the Fauquier County Public Library without charge. The only service that is not available to reciprocal borrowers is the interlibrary loan service. Check your home library for details on this service. Guidelines for borrowing from Fauquier County Public Library include:
- The borrower is subject to all the rules and regulations of the Fauquier County Public Library.
- All borrowed materials must be returned to a Fauquier County library.
- Reserves may be placed on materials but must be picked up at a Fauquier County library.
- Borrowers are responsible for returning materials on time and will be fined for late materials.
The following libraries have reciprocal borrowing agreements with Fauquier County Public Library:
- Alexandria Library
- Arlington County Public Library
- Central Rappahannock Regional Library (City of Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Stafford, and Westmoreland Counties)
- Culpeper Town & County Library
- Fairfax County Public Library
- Handley Regional Library (Winchester, Frederick and Clarke Counties)
- Loudoun County Public Library
- Prince William Public Library
- Mary Riley Styles Public Library (Falls Church)
- Rappahannock County Library
- Samuels Public Library (Warren County)