Marshall Afternoon Book Club
The John Marshall Library's Book Club meets at 1 p.m. on the second Wednesday of the month (unless otherwise noted) in the Marshall Community Center Cafe. New members are always welcome. For more information about the group, call or e-mail Debbie Cosby, (540) 422-8527. The group will be discussing the following selections in 2014:
- Jan. 8: Defending Jacob by William Landay
- Feb. 12: The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- Mar. 12: House of Stone: A Memoir of Home, Family, and a Lost Middle East by Anthony Shadid
- April 9: People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
- May 14: The Aviator's Wife: A Novel by Melanie Benjamin
- June 11: The Fever Tree by Jennifer McVeigh
- July 9: Orphan Train: A Novel by Christina Baker Kline
- Aug. 13: The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson
- Sept. 10: Wasps in the Bedroom, Butter in the Well: Growing Up During the Great Depression: A Memoir by June Pair Kilpatrick
- Oct. 8: The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- Nov. 12: Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
- Dec. 10: Holiday party!
To learn more about all of the library's book clubs, visit our Readers' Tools page.