35 Culpeper Street
Warrenton, VA 20186
To promote the agriculture industry within Fauquier County, to increase the economic viability of farming and to advise the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors on matters affecting the agricultural economy and its development.
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Conservation Easement/Land Use Inspector, Staff
PDR Program Associate
Current Events & News
- Winter Learning Series Third Workshop - Topic: Leveraging Your Lender to Grow Your Ag Business - 03/06/14, from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.(Free)
- The Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is now accepting applications for USDA Specialty Crop Block Grants. Agricultural associations, industry groups, community based organizations and producer groups that seek to improve the competitiveness of specialty crops in Virginia are eligible to submit proposals for grants up to $50,000. The deadline for submitting applications is March 21, 2014.
Guidelines, instructions and an application are available online at http://www.vdacs.virginia.gov or via email to: Melissa Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The annual Forum for Rural Innovation will take place on Friday, March 14, 2014 in Winchester. Please see the brochure for more details.
- Dear Land Owner:
The Fauquier County Agricultural Development Department would like to offer you this opportunity to be included in the 2014-2015 Fauquier County Farm Product and Services Directory. We would also like to offer you the opportunity to register for the use of the Fauquier Agriculture HomeGrown label for your agricultural products. Click here to know more...
- Winter Learning Series Second Workshop - Topic: Legal Issues with Farmland Leasing - 02/06/14, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Rappahannock-Rapidan Regional Food System Plan Public Meeting; 2 available meeting dates; November 13 and also November 14, 2013. The Rappahannock-Rapidan Regional Commission will be conducting an economic analysis of the region’s food system and is seeking public input. Please join us at one of the introductory meetings. Whether you are a producer or concerned consumer, you have a fork at the table.
- Fauquier County Staff is partnering with the University of Virginia’s Weldon Cooper Center to conduct an Agricultural Impact Study. This study, along with the survey of local farmers that was conducted this spring, will help measure the impacts of the local agricultural economy as well as identify regional industry trends and needs. The Ag Impact Study should be completed by mid-2014.
- A new workbook to help farmers plan the transition of their farm or forest property from one generation to another is now available from Virginia Cooperative Extension. “Planning the Future of Your Farm: A Workbook Supporting Farm Transfer Decisions” contains useful information on developing a vision for the future, evaluating your farm resources, farm transfer tools and meeting with professional advisors. Click on this link to learn more. Copies are now available at the Agricultural Development Department office.
- Check out the Fauquier Fresh Brochure (last updated 06/13). If you’d like to be included in this brochure, please contact the Agricultural Development Department at (540) 422-8280.
- Hear about the importance of “local” food in this video produced by Virginia Farm Bureau and featuring Tom Davenport (owner of Hollin Farms in Delaplane) and Matt Benson of Virginia Cooperative Extension.Link
Purchase of Development Rights Program
Other Relevant County Links
Date Last Modified: 02/25/2014