Marshall Afternoon Book Club
- Date: 09/13/2017 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- Location: John Marshall Birthplace Park
5160 Germantown Road
Midland, Virginia 22728
If you like a variety of genres, you will enjoy the eclectic assortment of titles chosen by this book club, including classics, fiction, non-fiction and best sellers.
Once a month, fellow readers meet to discuss a chosen book and related topics. Lively discussions are guaranteed. Refreshments are provided by Friends of the Library. Books are chosen through popular vote by the members of the group and are read from January through November. A summer picnic and a holiday party are always part of the reading year.
- Jan. 11: Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging by Sebastian Junger
- Feb. 8: The Turner House by Angela Flournoy
- March 8: To the Bright Edge of the World by Eowyn Ivey
- April 12: Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates: The Forgotten War That Changed American History by Brian Kilmeade and Don Yeager
- May 10: The Door by Magda Szabó
- June 14: The Fixer by Bernard Malamud
- July 12: The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town by John Grisham
- Aug. 9: The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery
- Sept. 13: News of the World by Paulette Jiles
- Oct. 11: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- Nov. 8 The Spectator Bird by Wallace Stegner
- Dec. 13: Holiday party!