The Planning Commission is supported by the Department of Community Development and is an advisory board to the Board of Supervisors. The Planning Commission’s responsibilities include providing recommendations to the Board of Supervisors for Special Exceptions, Rezonings, Comprehensive Plan Amendments and on other related land development issues. The Planning Commission updates the Comprehensive Plan on a periodic basis, and prepares text amendment changes to the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances upon its own initiative or Board of Supervisors' direction.
The Planning Commission meets once a month with at least one work session held during the month. The meeting day is organized into a morning/afternoon work session, an afternoon meeting and public hearings conducted in the evening. Meetings are typically held on the third Thursday of each month (see schedule links at bottom of page).
Members are appointed to 4 year terms.
|Board Member/Staff||Representing||Term Expiration|
Chairperson, Scott District
Vice Chairperson, Lee District
|Diane B. Roteman||
|G. Robert Lee
Cedar Run District
Assistant Director (Staff)Phone: (540) 422-8210
|*Denotes Staff Lead|
- Planning Commission Bylaws
- Planning Commission Brochure
- Special Exception Brochure
- Residential and Mixed-Use Rezoning Brochure
- Commercial and Industrial Rezoning Brochure
Planning Commission Meeting
- Date: 02/15/2018 10:30 AM
- Location: Warren Green Building - Board of Supervisors' Meeting Room
10 Hotel Street,, 1st Floor - Large Meeting Room
Warrenton, Virginia 20186
Warren Green Building, First Floor Meeting Room, 10 Hotel Street
- ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
- CITIZENS' TIME
The Planning Commission provides this time for citizens wishing to share their ideas and concerns with the Commission. This does not include comments on public hearing items as there will be an opportunity when we reach those agenda items. Citizens wishing to address the Planning Commission should provide their name and residential address. Citizens’ comments are limited to three minutes unless a large number of citizens wish to speak; in which case, the time limit must be reduced to accommodate all who wish to address the Planning Commission.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES – January 18, 2018
- ZONING ORDINANCE TEXT AMENDMENT/SUBDIVISION ORDINANCE TEXT AMENDMENT – Initiation of a Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to Articles 3, 5, 7 and 15 and a Subdivision Ordinance Text Amendment to Sections 2 and 4 related to sewer and water provisions. (Heather Jenkins, Staff)
- REMINGTON TECHNOLOGY PARK WORK SESSION
- COMMISSIONERS' TIME
NOTE: THE 6:30 P.M. MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELLED
You may view the agenda and associated materials at: http://agenda.fauquiercounty.gov