If you would like to do a quick rate comparison click below...
- County Rate Comparison Sheet (hired before 7/1/14)
- County Rate Comparison Sheet (hired after 7/1/14)
- School Rate Comparison Sheet (bi-weekly)
- School Rate Comparison Sheet (monthly)
If you would like to do a quick plan comparison click below...
- County Medical Plan Comparison Sheet (hired before 7/1/14)
- County Medical Plan Comparison Sheet (hired after 7/1/14)
- School Medical Plan Comparison Sheet
- Anthem Dental Comparison Sheet
There are three medical plans for employees to choose from. All three plans are through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield. The plans are: KeyCare 15 PPO, HealthKeepers HMO 20 and Lumenos.
Click on the links below for a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC):
- Anthem Healthkeepers 10 Open Access
- Anthem Healthkeepers 20 Open Access
- Anthem Healthkeepers Lumenos
- Anthem KeyCare PPO 10
- Anthem KeyCare PPO 15
Employees can contact the insurance company for your group number and identification number. Below is the contact information:
Fauquier offers two dental plans through Anthem Dental. The first plan is the high option and the second choice is the standard option.
- Anthem Dental plans – 1-888-315-2049
Both plans offer the same coverage for preventative and basic services. The difference between the two plan are that the high option covers 50% of major services (crowns, bridges, orthodontics) and the standard option does not cover these services. If an employee enrolls in the high option dental coverage, they will be required to stay with that coverage for a minimum of two years.
Retirement and Disability Plans
Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Covers full-time employees
- Employee pays 5% of the cost and the county also pays a portion.
- Enhanced benefits for Hazardous Duty Public Safety Employees (LEOS)
Hybrid Long-Term (LTD)/Short-Term Disability (STD)
- We provide LTD and STD benefits (at no cost to the employee) to all VRS hybrid employees
- If you become disabled and are approved for short term disability your income replacement is based on your years of service and would start after 7 days
- Your LTD benefit would start after you have been disabled for 125 days
|VACORP Hybrid Disability Coverage|
|STD Benefits at a Glance|
|STD Certificate of Coverage|
|LTD Benefits at a Glance|
|LTD Certificate of Coverage|
VRS Plan 1 and 2 Short and Long Term Disability:
- Optional STD and LTD benefits are available for purchase by employees
- Provides income replacement if an employee is out of work for their own personal injury or illness.
VRS Plan 1 and 2 Disability Retirement:
- If you can’t work because of a disability that is likely to be permanent, you may be eligible to retire on disability under the Virginia Retirement System (VRS).* The disability may be non-work related or work-related. VRS administers disability retirement benefits in conjunction with a medical board comprised of practicing board-certified physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Additional information is available at: www.varetire.org/pdf/publications/disability-retirement-handbook.pdf
Deferred Compensation Plans
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Unreimbursed Medical – up to $2,550 annually for expenses you pay out of pocket for yourself and your eligible dependents such as copayments, deductibles, eyeglasses, dental work, orthodontics, prescriptions, etc.
- Dependent Day Care – up to $5,000 annually for expenses outside of your household for the care of a dependent
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We also offer services for legal/financial/identify theft assistance.
Group Life Insurance
Optional Group Life Insurance
The VRS optional group life insurance provider is Minnesota Life. Members who are covered for basic group life insurance may purchase optional group life insurance coverage in an amount equal to one, two, three, or four times salary, not to exceed $500,000. Members are responsible for paying the premiums for optional life insurance coverage through payroll deductions.
Participants must buy this coverage within 30 days from date of hire. Spouses may be added to the optional life insurance program within 30 days of marriage. Participants may add a newborn within 30 days of the date of birth.
If a participant does not purchase optional coverage as a new employee and later requests coverage, each family member to be covered must complete a health status declaration. Based on this information, Minnesota Life will decide whether or not to issue a policy.
The additional coverage ceases upon service termination (conversion option available) and upon retirement. Participants may continue coverage after retirement by applying within 30 days with the VRS.