The 2018 Board of Equalization
completed their work August 16, 2018.
The 2022 reassessment process
begins in the summer of 2020.
Every four years, a general real estate reassessment is conducted in accordance with Section 58.1-3252 of the Code of Virginia. An appraisal firm (County approved) is contracted to reappraise every parcel at its fair market value, which is based upon a sales study completed by the appraisal company. These assessments are effective for four years unless a change is made such as boundary adjustment, division of property, change in zoning, court orders, and new construction.
The 2018 Reassessment
Fauquier County selected Wampler-Eanes Appraisal Group, Ltd. of Daleville, Virginia as the Assessor for the 2018 general reassessment of real estate values for Fauquier County. In accordance with State requirements, Wampler-Eanes appraisers inspected every parcel in the County to establish the current fair market value of the real estate. The 2018 Reassessment was effective January 1, 2018.
The 2018 Board of Equalization (BOE)
(2018 Board of Equalization Committee page)
Appeals to the BOE were conducted for the purpose of hearing complaints of inequalities in real estate assessments and errors in property description.
- Scheduling for Appeals to the BOE began Monday, March 26, 2018.
- Scheduling for Appeals to the BOE ended Thursday, June 21, 2018.
- The BOE completed its work on August 16, 2018.
- Reassessment values effective January 1, 2018
- Reassessment Office reopens January 8, 2018 for general inquiries
- Field work for winter 2017 new construction continues through early February
- Change in Assessment Notices for properties in easement and land use, and for fall/winter 2017 new construction mailing by Commissioner of the Revenue in March
- Board of Supervisors sets tax rate in late March/early April
- Court appoints 2018 Board of Equalization (BOE) in February
- BOE convenes March 15 and sets schedule of Appeals
- Scheduling of Appeals to the BOE
- Begins March 26
- Ends June 21
- BOE holds last hearing August 2
- All hearing results letters mailed before Aug 16
- BOE holds last administrative meeting Aug 16
- Field work continues though September for assessments
- Commercial\Apartment Income & Expense Surveys mailing in early May
- Income & Expense Surveys due Friday, July 7
- Reassessment Notice mailing Friday, October 6
- Reassessment Values available online by Tuesday, October 10
- Scheduling of Informal Hearings
- Begins Tuesday, October 10
- Ends Friday, November 10
- Reassessment Office closes after December 8
- Hearing results mailing December 28
- Reassessment completes on December 31
- Field work for fall 2017 new construction continues through December
- Field work starts in August