Fauquier County selected Wampler-Eanes Appraisal Group, Ltd. of Daleville, Virginia as the Assessor for the 2018 general reassessment of real estate values for Fauquier County. In accordance with State requirements, Wampler-Eanes appraisers will inspect every parcel in the County to establish the current fair market value of the real estate.
All Appraisers have county identification badges and their vehicles display reassessment placards. Appraisers are in the field between 8 am and 5:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Every four years, a general real estate reassessment is conducted in accordance with Section 58.1-3252 of the Code of Virginia. An appraisal firm (County approved) is contracted to reappraise every parcel at its fair market value, which is based upon a sales study completed by the appraisal company. These assessments are effective for four years unless a change is made such as boundary adjustment, division of property, change in zoning, court orders, and new construction.
- Field work started in August
- Field work continuation
- Commercial and Apartment Income & Expense Survey mailing in early May
- Income & Expanse Surveys due July 7
- Reassessment Notice mailing in October
- Informal Hearing scheduling from mid-October to early November
- Informal Hearings from late October through early December
- Informal Hearing Results mailing in late December
- Reassessment completion by December 31
- Board of Equalization appointment by Courts in late 2017/early 2018
- Final Reassessment values effective January 1, 2018
- Field work for fall/winter 2017 new construction though January
- Commissioner of the Revenue Change in Assessment Notices Mailing in March for properties in easement and land use, and for fall/winter 2017 new construction
- Board of Supervisors tax rate setting in late March/early April
- Board of Equalization Appeal Hearings beginning April/May through early August.