The next Social Services Board Meeting will be Monday, October 16 at 4:00 pm in the Social Services Conference Room
Please join us for a brief overview of the requirements to become a Foster Parent
The mission of the Department of Social Services is people helping people overcome adversity to secure strong futures for themselves, their families and communities. The purpose is to assist families in maintaining or achieving self-sufficiency, protect vulnerable adults and children from abuse and neglect, provide benefits to meet basic needs and cooperate with other organizations in promoting the general welfare of the citizens of Fauquier County.
What's New in Social Services?
Fauquier County Residents can now apply for Social Services benefits online: Click here to apply online at the Virginia Commonhelp website.
- Adoption and Foster Care Lending Library
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) FAQ's for VA Residents
- PPACA Resource Directory
- Fauquier Community Food Bank and Thrift Store
- Fauquier Community Resources Guide
- Fauquier Educational Farm
- Fauquier FISH (Food Pantry)
- Fauquier Free Clinic
Visit the page below for additional information on all State programs and to file an application:
- Am I Eligible for Assistance?
- Aging Together
- Dept. of Medical Assistance Services
- Family Access to Medical Insurance Security Plan (FAMIS)
- Fauquier Alliance for Youth
- Nursing Home Search Assistance
- Office for Victims of Crime Act
- Physician Referral and Community Link
- Safe Sleep for Your Baby
- Seniors Health and Aging Information Resource
- Shadow Lawn Senior Center - General Information
- The United Way First Call for Help
- Virginia Department of Social Services
- Virginia's Resource for Health and Aging
- Circuit Rider: call 341-3464