A Resolution to Approve Indian Pipe Outdoor School: SPEX02-MA-014 A Special Exception Renewal to Continue Operation of the School and the Addition of a New Parcel
WHEREAS, Charles Leopold, owner and Indian Pipe Outdoor Technical School, applicant, are seeking Special Exception approval to renew the previously approved Special Exception for Indian Pipe Outdoor School as well as to add a new parcel to the permit and refine conditions; and
WHEREAS, on November 30, 2006, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing on the proposed Special Exception; and
WHEREAS, the Fauquier County Planning Commission recommended approval of the application, subject to conditions; and
WHEREAS, on January 11, 2007, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 5-500 and; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 11th day of January 2007, That SPEX02-MA-014 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application and is not transferable to other land.
2. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
3. This Special Exception shall allow the addition of a new parcel (PIN# 6011-12-8396-000) via Site Plan Amendment in order for the school to have direct access to Route 55 and to utilize the parcel for school activities.
4. This Special Exception shall be granted for a period of ten (10) years from the date of approval and must be renewed by the Board of Supervisors in accordance with the provisions of Section 5-013 of the Zoning Ordinance.
5. A maximum of six vans or microbuses per day may visit the site.
6. No more than one hundred people shall occupy the site at any given time.
7. The facility may be in operation for 12 months, with the condition that it complies with Fauquier County School inclement weather road advisories.
8. The applicant shall be allowed to conduct overnight camping events, not to exceed three days, and not to exceed the normal maximum number of attendees at the school.
9. Camping events shall conform to all Health Department and Emergency Services notification requirements.
10. Permanent structures are restricted to the existing buildings on the site and one new building not to exceed 5,000 square feet.
11. All lighting shall be in conformance with the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance and positioned downward, inward and shielded to eliminate glare from all adjacent properties.
12. The applicant shall submit to the Zoning Administrator, on a quarterly basis, a summary of attendance records for the events to ensure that attendance limitations are maintained.
13. The applicant shall comply with all applicable water and sewage treatment standards as determined by the Health Department.
14. All parking must be provided on site, and shall be no closer than one hundred feet from any adjacent property.
15. All grass areas used for parking shall be mowed and maintained as to minimize the risk of vehicle and field fires.
16. In no event shall fireworks, hot-air balloons or helicopters be used for any Class C events.
17. The applicant shall require its employees and all invitees to strictly comply with State burning laws and copies of such laws shall be posted on site.
18. During events with music or sound, the maximum permitted sound pressure noise levels shall not exceed sixty decibels at the property line.