A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A CATEGORY 20 SPECIAL EXCEPTION
SE03-S-26 FOR THE NORTHERN SPORTS FIELD COMPLEX WATER STORAGE TANK
WHEREAS, the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors authorized the acceptance of a $10 million conditional distribution from the Paul Mellon Estate for the construction of the Northern Sports Field Complex and Community Park; and
WHEREAS, the construction of a water storage facility is integral to the development of the Sports Complex; and
WHEREAS, the construction of this facility requires the approval of a Special Exception; and
WHEREAS, on May 29, 2003, the Fauquier County Planning Commission conducted a public hearing on SE03-S-26; and
WHEREAS, the Planning Commission has determined that the proposed facility is in accord with the Comprehensive Plan pursuant to Section 15.2-2232 of the Code of Virginia; and
WHEREAS, the Planning Commission voted unanimously to forward a recommendation of conditioned approval to the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 13th day of January 2005, That SE03-S-26 be, and is hereby, approved subject to the following conditions:
1. The wetlands shall not be disturbed without permits from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
2. The wetland areas shall be fenced or otherwise protected during construction of the water tank.
3. The foundation of the proposed above ground storage facility shall be designed and constructed to overcome soils with high shrink-swell potential and a high water table.
5. The Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application and is not transferable to other land.
6. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
7. The development of the property shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat entitled "Special Exception Plan: Fauquier County Northern Sports Complex" dated November 22, 2004 and the plan titled “Elevation of Proposed Water Tank and Maintenance Facility” dated December 20, 2004.
8. A Site Plan shall be required, pursuant to Article 12 of the Zoning Ordinance.
9. Prior to issuance of any occupancy permit, the applicant shall furnish evidence of Health Department or other required agency approval for the storage tank.
10. The operation, maintenance and testing of the water system shall meet all local, state and federal requirements.
11. The maximum water storage tank height shall be twenty-one (21) feet with a diameter of eighteen (18) feet.
12. The maximum storage capacity will be 23,000 gallons.