A RESOLUTION TO DENY REZN09-SC-004: Beights Development Corporation and Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Central Virginia (Owners)/Collins Engineering (Applicant) – Mill Run Business Park – Pepsi Expansion – Applicant Wishes to Rezone 3.2982 Acres From Residential - 1 (R-1) to Industrial Park (I-1) in Order to Allow the Expansion of an Existing Warehouse and Parking Area
WHEREAS, Beights Development Corporation has initiated an application to amend the Fauquier County Zoning Map in accordance with the provision of Zoning Ordinance Section 13-202 to rezone 3.2982 acres from Residential (R-1) to Industrial Park (I-1) with proffers; and
WHEREAS, the parcels are within the New Baltimore Service District and identified as PIN #7906-21-3506-000 (3.14 acres) and 7906-21-1470-000 (.15 acre); and
WHEREAS, on October 29, 2009, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held the final public hearing on the Rezoning request and unanimously recommended the application be denied; and
WHEREAS, on December 10, 2009, and January 14, 2010, the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors held a public hearing on this Rezoning request and considered both oral and written testimony and
WHEREAS, the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors finds in the matter of the Rezoning application REZN09-SC-004:
1. That the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance for a Rezoning are not met in this application, the Board of Supervisors finding that said application will negatively impact the public health, safety, and welfare of residents of Fauquier County.
2. That the proposal does not adequately address transportation requirements of the community and the County, and will be incompatible with the Comprehensive Plan.
3. That the proposed use fails to comply with and is not in conformity with all the applicable standards of Article 13-200 of said Zoning Ordinance and all other applicable requirements of said Zoning Ordinance.
4. That the proposal will hinder and discourage the appropriate development of roads and road construction programs in the New Baltimore Service District.
5. That the proposal does not conform to the Comprehensive Plan as it relates to design standards and site layout in the New Baltimore Service District.
6. The proposal is contrary to the Comprehensive Plan’s vision of limited access along Route 29.
7. That the traffic impacts of the proposed use have not been mitigated.
; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 14th day of January 2010, That the Rezoning request (REZN09-SC-004) be, and is hereby, denied.
A Copy Teste
Paul S. McCulla
Clerk to the Board of Supervisors