Board of Supervisors Meeting
Staff Lead: Department:
Topic: PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION APPLICATION (PP03-S-16)
The applicant is seeking
preliminary plat approval to subdivide approximately 6.7 acres zoned
Residential (R-1) into four (4) single-family residential lots ranging in
size from ± 40,014 to 67,230 square feet, plus a residue lot of
approximately 72,624 square feet. The
property is on the east side of
Section 9-7 of the Subdivision Ordinance requires that "…all preliminary plats approved by the Planning Commission shall be referred to the Board of Supervisors at its next regularly scheduled meeting…If the Board takes no action on the preliminary plat referral, the preliminary plat shall be deemed approved in accordance with the actions of the Planning Commission."
The Planning Commission staff reports are available upon request.
Requested Action of the Board of Supervisors:
No action is necessary, unless a
majority of the Board wishes to consider this preliminary subdivision
The final plat shall be in general conformance with the preliminary
subdivision plat entitled "Preliminary Subdivision Plan – Grays
Mill Village" dated November
7, 2001 (superceded by the plat dated January 8, 2003 and received in the
Planning Office on January 8, 2003).
prior to action by the Board of Supervisors, the Preliminary Plat shall be
revised to reflect the following concern.
All have been addressed by the plat dated
· The bulk regulations shall be placed on the preliminary plat.
· BRLs shall be corrected and shown for all lots.
· BRLs for those lots adjacent to the ingress/egress easement shall be measured from the centerline of the easement.
The statement shall be added that
If the existing drainfield to be abandoned on
· The P.E. stamp shall be removed from sheet 2 so the P.E. is not certifying the soil scientist’s work.
· The soil map on sheet 2 shall be corrected to include those symbols shown on the Type 1 soils map.
· Intermittent drainageways identified on the Type I Soil Map shall be shown.
· Soil unit boundaries shall be changed to a solid bold line. The line symbol currently shown is the commonly accepted symbol for a perennial drainageway.
An alternative location shall be selected for the proposed
house site and driveway on
The final soil map shall have a Virginia Certified Professional Soil
A signature block shall be placed on the Final Soil Map sheet for the CPSS
to sign which states:
4. Interpretive information from the Type I Soil Map for each mapping unit shown on the above plat shall be placed on the same soil map. Also, a Spot Symbols Legend shall be placed on the plat map to identify spot symbols.
5. The following statements shall be placed on the same plat map:
6. All pad sites for houses shall be located out of drainageways to prevent possible wet basements.
7. The foundation drainlines shall be daylighted for gravity flow on all structures.
8. In accordance with the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance, a tree canopy calculation, landscape plan and buffer plan shall be provided with the final plat and construction plans.
9. Final placement of the SWM/BMP pond shall be such that the toe of the embankment slope is at least 25’ from the property line.
10. A maintenance agreement for the SWM/BMP pond shall be recorded prior to final plat approval.
11. Major drainageways and existing wetlands shall be protected to the maximum extent possible.
12. All road design and construction shall be in accordance with VDOT's Subdivision Street Requirements manual and VDOT's Road and Bridge Standards.
13. Road and other construction shall insure drainage water will not rise higher than 18" below the shoulder of proposed or existing public roads. At a minimum, culverts shall be designed to accommodate the following flood frequencies:
Secondary and Subdivision Streets 10-year
Primary and Parkways 25-year
14. All utilities placed within the street right-of-way shall be placed on the outer 3 to 5 feet of the edge of the right-of-way. Manholes shall not be located in the pavement or shoulder of highways. Deviation from this condition requires prior approval by VDOT and will only be considered on a case-by-case basis.
within rights-of-way shall not be credited towards satisfying Fauquier
distance profiles and design or posted speed used to calculate the sight
applicant shall meet all Health Department and County regulations related
to the proposed drainfields.
18. Public water service shall be provided to the
19. Pursuant to Section 4-14 of the