A Resolution to Approve SPEX08-CR-006, A Category 20 Special Exception TO ALLOW FOR AN ALTERNATE DISCHARGING SEWAGE SYSTEM to serve a single family residential unit
WHEREAS, Moses Coates, owner and applicant, is seeking a Special Exception approval to allow for an alternate discharging sewage system to remediate an existing failed system for a single family residential unit located on the parcel known as PIN# 7920-47-9565-000, and
WHEREAS, on January 31, 2008, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing on the proposed Special Exception and recommended approval of the application, subject to conditions; and
WHEREAS, on February 14, 2008, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006, 5-2001 and 5-2002 and; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 14th day of February 2008, That SPEX08-CR-006 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application, currently known as PIN 7920-47-9565.
2. This approval grants one private individual discharge sewage treatment system, for remediation of the failed system, to serve an existing single family dwelling unit.
3. The applicant shall submit evidence that applicable permits (such as but not limited to VDH and DEQ) have been granted for the discharge sewage treatment system, prior to any land disturbing activities for work associated with the Special Exception.
4. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
5. The individual discharge sewage treatment system (for less than or equal to 1,000 gallons per day of discharge, on a monthly average) shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat prepared by CMW Soil Consultants, LLC and received in the Planning Office on December 21, 2008.
6. The individual discharge sewage treatment system shall be designed to serve a single-family dwelling unit. The design shall include any conditional permit requirements, per the Health Department or the Department of Environmental Quality. A requisite reference shall be recorded with the deed.
7. The applicant shall comply with 12 VAC 5-640-450 2, entitled "Ownership and Easements" of the Alternative Discharging Sewage Treatment Regulations for Individual Family Dwellings, to satisfy Health Department permit requirements.
8. The applicant shall provide for either a water meter on its well or an effluent meter to track water usage and submit monthly reports to the Health Department to ensure compliance with this Special Exception and submit reports to the Department of Environmental Quality per VPDES permit conditions.
9. All monitoring requirements shall meet Health Department and Department of Environmental Quality requirements.
10. Evidence of a permanent maintenance and monitoring agreement from a state licensed laboratory, company or business and a report on the status of the permitted system shall be submitted to the Health Department, Department of Environmental Quality, and to the Zoning Administrator per regulatory agency permit requirements to ensure compliance with this Special Exception. A requisite reference shall be recorded with the deed.
11. The applicant shall install oversized septic and pump tanks to provide adequate storage in the event of power outage.