A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE SPEX10-LE-012: Applicant wishes to obtain a Category 20 Special Exception to allow for an arsenic removal facility for the Town of Remington’s water supply system (Town of Remington Well No.1)
WHEREAS, the Town of Remington, owner and applicant, is seeking a Category 20 Special Exception to add an arsenic removal facility, per the requirements of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), to an existing well and utility system that supplies water to the Town of Remington on PIN #6888-00-1945-000; and
WHEREAS, on January 28, 2010, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing on the Special Exception request and unanimously recommended that the application be approved, subject to conditions; and
WHEREAS, on February 18, 2010, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors concurred with the Planning Commission and agreed that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 5-2000; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 18th day of February 2010, That SPEX10-LE-012 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception (SPEX10-LE-012) is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application, known as PIN #6888-00-1945-000, and is not transferable to other land.
2. The Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated, and shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat titled “Town of Remington Well No. 1 Arsenic Removal Facility, Special Exception Plat” dated and sealed on November 20, 2009, approved with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
3. This Special Exception allows an arsenic removal facility for Remington Well No. 1 to include the following: 20’ x 30’ building to house the treatment works, an ingress/egress drive, three (3) parking spaces, and utility piping.
4. The (treatment) building design shall be a fully enclosed pre-stressed concrete structure.
5. Prior to land disturbance for any new construction or alterations of any type, a site plan consistent with the approved Special Exception, provisions of Article 12 of the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance and the bulk regulations for the underlying zoning district must be approved prior to obtaining building and zoning permits.
6. The applicant shall comply with Virginia Department of Health standards.
7. The driveway and parking areas shall be reduced to the minimum size allowed by the County as part of the approval of the site plan for the property.
8. In addition to the new building for the water treatment, shown on the plat, an existing 24’ x 14’ building shall be allowed for storage; no chemicals from the arsenic removal facility would be housed in this structure.
9. The existing fence on-site shall be extended to incorporate the new facility and any of its appurtenant structures.
10. This Special Exception shall allow for a future retrofit of auxiliary power generation equipment at the site, in general conformance with the Special Exception plat.
11. This Special Exception shall allow for the provision for a future boundary line adjustment between the subject parcel and an adjoining lot owned by the Town of Remington; the boundary line adjustment would be subject to the provisions set forth in the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Ordinance. The portion of PIN #6888-00-1945-000 that is boundary line adjusted away shall no longer be subject to this Special Exception.