Board of Supervisors Meeting
W. K. Ames
Deirdre B. Clark Community Development
Magisterial District: PIN:
Cedar Run 7924-38-0226-000
Topic: PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION APPLICATION (PP03-CR-20)
The applicant is seeking preliminary plat approval to
subdivide approximately 45.2 acres zoned Rural Agricultural (RA) into
three (3) single-family residential lots of ± 2.08, 2.81 and 40.33 acres
(the residue parcel). The
property is on the south side of
Section 9-7 of the Subdivision Ordinance requires that "…all preliminary plats approved by the Planning Commission shall be referred to the Board of Supervisors at its next regularly scheduled meeting…If the Board takes no action on the preliminary plat referral, the preliminary plat shall be deemed approved in accordance with the actions of the Planning Commission."
The Planning Commission staff reports are available upon request.
Requested Action of the Board of Supervisors:
No action is necessary, unless a majority of the
Board wishes to consider this preliminary subdivision application.
The final plat shall be in general conformance with the preliminary
2. Prior to final plat and construction plan approval, the applicant shall submit a detailed landscape plan as required pursuant to Section 7-600 of the Zoning Ordinance.
3. A Virginia Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS) shall adjust the Type I Soil Map soil lines onto the final working plat. This shall be done in the field and checked for any additional soil information to be added to the final scale plat map on sheet 4 of 5.
4. A signature block shall be placed on the final plat for the CPSS to sign which states:
5. The following statements shall be placed on the final plat:
"The County recommends that no below grade basements be
constructed on soil mapping unit 14B due to wetness unless the
foundation drainage system of the structure is designed by a
Licensed Professional Engineer."
"Foundations placed in Soil Mapping Units that show a moderate, high,
or very high shrink-swell potential in the most recent Interpretive
to the Soils of
evaluation in order to determine proper design."
6. Once drainfield areas are identified and approved by the Health Department, the following statement shall be placed on the final drainfield plat:
"Before a home is started, the builder shall mark the drainfield area off
and not disturb it during construction."
7. The drainfield and well types shall be stated on the final construction plan.
All easements, including the fiber-optic cable easement,
shall be shown on the final construction plan.
9. All driveway entrances shall be sited and constructed in accordance with VDOT regulations and design standards.
10. Driveway culverts shall
be designed for a 10-year storm.
11. Calculations demonstrating adequate channel downstream of the culvert shall be required prior to final construction plan approval.
12. In accord with Section 2-412 of the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance, no dwelling shall be located closer than twenty-five feet to the edge of an established floodplain.