A Resolution to Approve SPEX06-MA-004, a Category 14 Special Exception to Allow Certain Motor Vehicle Related Uses in an I-2 Zoning District - M3 Marshall Properties, LLC
whereas, m3 Marshall Properties, LLC (Owner) is seeking Category 14 Special Exception to allow for storage of recreational vehicles; and
WHEREAS, the owner is proposing to use approximately 4.5 acres for the storage of up to one hundred thirty (130) recreational vehicles; and
WHEREAS, on February 28, 2008, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held its final public hearing on the Special Exception request; and
WHEREAS, on March 13, 2008, the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors held its public hearing on the Special Exception requests; and
WHEREAS, on March 13, 2008, the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors determined that the applications satisfy the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 13th day of March 2008, That SPEX06-MA-004 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the Special Exception Plat prepared by Carson Ashley and Associates dated November 21, 2007, and subject to the following conditions:
1. The use shall not encompass repair, maintenance, leasing or sales of RVs or RV-related services or merchandise.
2. No dumping, camping or overnight stays shall be allowed on the property.
3. Applicant shall ensure by contracts with those using the facility that only operable recreational vehicles shall be allowed on the premises.
4. The area to be utilized for storage shall be relocated entirely outside of all required yards.
5. The proposed use shall be completely screened from view. Twenty-five feet of dense mature trees shall be preserved surrounding the use area as defined on the site plan, with additional evergreen plantings where required, to completely screen the use from view. A six-foot high chain link fence, with vinyl slats compatible with the fence installed on the sides facing the north and east property lines, shall be constructed behind the twenty-five foot buffer.
6. A 20-foot buffer shall be provided for any portion of the parking area that drains directly into the wetlands without some type of water quality treatment.
7. No portion of the storage area shall be within the 10-year water surface elevation of the drainage channel that is just west of the storage area.
8. The site plan for this project shall show the proposed road improvements that are shown on the approved “Whiting Road” site plan (site plan amendment SPAM06-MA-004 for R & G Reload).
9. Right-of-way information for property owned by Whiting Road, LLC (former PIN 6979-28-8585-000, new PIN’s 6979-38-1920-000, 6979-38-0570-000, and 6979-28-7192-000) shall be shown on the site plan.
10. The area of entrance to be paved shall be shown on site plan.
11. A right-of-way dedication, 50 feet from centerline along Whiting Road (Route 622), shall be required for future road improvements prior to site plan approval for this project.
12. The vehicles per day shall be shown on the site plan.
13. The storage area shall be moved approximately 50 feet from the wetlands, toward Whiting Road (Route 622), out of hydric soil 110A to reduce parking in the shrink/swell soils.
14. The Special Exception shall be granted for a period of five (5) years with two three-year administrative extensions approved by the Zoning Administrator in accord with Section 5-012 of the Zoning Ordinance.
15. The area shown along the southern property line in the 50 foot ingress/egress easement shall be reserved for future dedication at no cost to the county. A reservation plat shall be submitted for approval and recorded prior to site plan release for this use. M3 Marshall Properties shall not be obligated to design or build any portion of the road, with the exception of the required VDOT commercial entrance, within the reserved right-of-way with this Special Exception for recreational vehicular storage.