of Supervisors Meeting Date:
Auburn Hills, LLC
Deirdre B. Clark Community Development
Magisterial District: PIN:
Topic: PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION APPLICATION (PP03-C-09)
THE HILLS AT OLD
applicant is seeking preliminary plat approval to subdivide approximately
151.58 acres, zoned Rural Agricultural (RA), into five (5) single-family
residential lots ranging in size from ± 2.03 to 4.26 acres, plus a
residue parcel of approximately 136.5 acres.
The applicant has initiated a series of actions to create a
cumulative total of eight new lots by dividing this property.
An Administrative Division, creating three (3) new residential
lots, was approved on
Section 9-7 of the Subdivision Ordinance requires that "…all preliminary plats approved by the Planning Commission shall be referred to the Board of Supervisors at its next regularly scheduled meeting…If the Board takes no action on the preliminary plat referral, the preliminary plat shall be deemed approved in accordance with the actions of the Planning Commission."
The Planning Commission staff reports are available upon request.
Requested Action of the Board of Supervisors:
No action is necessary, unless a
majority of the Board wishes to consider this preliminary subdivision
The final plat shall be in general conformance with the preliminary
subdivision plat entitled "The Hills at Old Auburn" dated
2. Prior to final plat and construction plan approval, the applicant shall submit a detailed landscape plan as required pursuant to Section 7-600 of the Zoning Ordinance.
A Virginia Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS)
shall adjust the Type I Soil Map soil lines onto the final working plat.
This shall be done in the field and checked for any additional soil
information to be added to the final scale plat map.
4. A signature block shall be placed on the Final Soil Map sheet for the CPSS to sign which states:
5. Interpretive information from the Type I Soil Map for each mapping unit shown on the above plat shall be placed on the same soil map. Also, a Spot Symbols Legend shall be placed on the plat map to identify spot symbols.
6. The following statements shall be placed on the final plat:
"The County recommends that no below grade basements be constructed on soil mapping units 413C, 415B, and 416B due to wetness unless the foundation drainage system of the structure is designed by a Virginia Licensed Professional Engineer."
"Foundations placed in Soil Mapping Units that show a moderate, high, or very high shrink-swell potential in the most recent Interpretive Guide to the Soils of Fauquier County, Virginia will require geotechnical evaluation in order to determine proper design."
"Before a home is started the builder shall mark the drainfield area off and not disturb it during construction."
7. All drainfield sites shall be approved by the Health Department prior to final construction plan approval.
8. A hydrogeological study shall be performed and meet all County and Health Department standards prior to final construction plan approval.
All entrances shall
be sited and constructed in accordance with VDOT regulations and design
The SWM/BMP emergency spillway shall not be discharged into
an area that does not have an existing stream or defined swale with
Adequate channel calculations shall be provided to address
SWM for lot 1.
The toe of slope on the embankment or associated disturbed
area of the SWM/BMP shall be at least twenty-five (25)
feet from the property line.