A Resolution to Approve SPEX05-CR-025: A Category 20 Special Exception to ALLOW FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF AN EXPERIMENTAL DRAINFIELD FOR A SINGLE FAMILY DWELLING UNIT ON AN EXISTING LOT
WHEREAS, General Lee White, Jr., owner and applicant, is seeking Special Exception approval to allow for the construction of an experimental drainfield on the parcel known as PIN 7819-62-6396-000; and
WHEREAS, on February 15, 2007 and May 26, 2005, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held public hearings on the proposed Special Exception; and
WHEREAS, the Fauquier County Planning Commission unanimously recommended approval of the application, subject to conditions; and
WHEREAS, on April 12, 2007, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 5-2002; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 12th day of April 2007, That SPEX05-CR-025 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application, also known as PIN 7819-62-6396-000, and is not transferable to other land.
2. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
3. Prior to land disturbance, the applicant shall provide a Grading Plan for review and approval by the County Engineer and the Health Department.
4. The Aquarobic Filterbed wastewater treatment facility shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat prepared by Nokesville Design, PLC dated February 21, 2005.
5. The Aquarobic Filterbed system shall be designed to serve a single-family dwelling unit. The design shall include any conditional permit requirements, per the Health Department. A requisite reference shall be recorded with the deed.
6. Prior to and for the duration of construction, the applicant shall provide safety fencing twenty (20) feet beyond the perimeter of the drainfield (mound) and reserve area to ensure no excavation and construction activities would render the sites void.
7. The applicant shall provide for either a water meter on its well or an effluent meter to track water usage and submit monthly reports to the Health Department to ensure compliance with this Special Exception and Health Department permit conditions.
8. An initial six month review and subsequent annual inspection of the sewage disposal system and readings from the meter shall be submitted to the Health Department.
9. Evidence of a permanent maintenance and monitoring agreement from a State licensed laboratory, company or business and a report on the status of the permitted system shall be submitted annually to the Health Department and to the Zoning Department to ensure compliance with this Special Exception. A requisite reference shall be recorded with the deed.
10. The applicant shall install oversized septic and pump tanks to provide adequate storage in the event of power outage.
11. The applicant shall maintain the plants and woody vegetation as shown in the engineered design of the system. These plants shall be maintained on a regular basis and replaced if any die back or do not thrive.