A Resolution to Approve Creekmont Estates SPEX06-CR-009: A Category 20 Special Exception to Construct an Above Ground Water Storage Tank and Pumping Facility
WHEREAS, GGDS/Greenwich Meadows, LLC, owner and applicant, is seeking Special Exception approval for construction of an above ground water storage tank and pumping facility; and
WHERAS, the applicant seeks to construct these facilities to provide water service to fifty-seven (57) lots within the proposed Creekmont Estates and Greenwich Woods Subdivisions; and
WHEREAS, this assemblage of parcels are identified as PINs: 7924-26-7370-000, 7924-14-7596-000, and 7924-34-0017-000; and
WHEREAS, on February 16, 2006, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing on the proposed Special Exception and recommended approval of the application, subject to conditions; and
WHEREAS, on April 13, 2006, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 5-2001; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 13th day of April 2006, That SPEX06-CR-009 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application and is not transferable to other land.
2. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
3. The development of the property shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat entitled "Category 20 Special Exception Creekmont Estates" dated December 2, 2005 and received in the Planning Office on December 16, 2005.
4. A site plan shall be required, pursuant to Article 12 of the Zoning Ordinance.
5. The water system, wells and its infrastructure shall be dedicated to the Fauquier County Water and Sanitation Authority.
6. The applicant shall provide an access easement to the tank site and parking area to allow access by Fauquier County Water and Sewer Authority or other government agencies.
7. The applicant shall design and construct the entire water system, including the wells, water lines, pumps, hydro-pneumatic tank and ground storage tank, in accordance with Fauquier County Water and Sanitation Authority standards and requirements so that it can be taken over by the Authority.
8. The maximum water storage tank height shall be 26 feet plus railing.
9. The maximum storage capacity of the water storage tank shall be 107,000 gallons.
10. The tower storage facility shall be an “Aqua Store” silo, or equivalent, structure.
11. The tower color shall be determined by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors.
12. The tower shall provide water for only the 57 total lots indicated on the Greenwich Woods and Creekmont Subdivision Plats.
13. The 20 foot by 20 foot building on the site shall be a pre-fabricated concrete structure not to exceed a height of 13 feet, as indicated in the applicant’s submittal from December 16, 2005.
14. The pump station and associated infrastructure shall be located on the same lot as the water storage facility.
15. The applicant shall create a 20-foot buffer between Lot 27 and Well Lot #2 and between Lot 21 and 22 and Well Lot #1. The buffer shall contain an earthen berm planted with low lying shrubs to prevent the surface water from the lots uphill from running across the well lot.
16. The applicant shall demonstrate that it has met the requirements set forth in Article 7 of the Zoning Ordinance for adequate screening and landscaping requirements.
17. Only manual (non-automatic) drip irrigation systems shall be permitted. This language shall be included within the HOA documents and on the Final Plats for the Greenwich Woods and Creekmont Subdivisions.
18. There is to be no fill in the wetlands associated with the construction of the water tower and appurtenances (buildings, fuel tanks, etc.). This does not preclude installation of underground utility lines as long as all necessary state and federal permits are obtained.
19. The tower shall be located above the 10-year storm elevation of the creek.
20. The fuel storage tank shall be located above the 25-year storm elevation of the creek.