No action is necessary, unless a majority of the Board wishes to consider this preliminary subdivision application. On February 16, 2006, the Planning Commission voted to approve the Greenwich Woods Preliminary Plat including the waiver of Section 5-8, subject to the following conditions:
2. Prior to submittal of Final Construction Plans, the Category 20 Special Exception for the above ground water treatment facility associated with Creekmont Subdivision shall be approved by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors.
3. Natural drainage swales shall be protected. Houses shall not be placed in natural drainage swales. The houses on Lots 8, 10, 12, and 11 shall be relocated out of the natural swales.
4. The majority of the lots have portions of the lot that certain soils characterized as having a high or intermittently high water table. The County recommends that no below grade basements be constructed on soils with high water table due to wetness unless the foundation drainage system of the structure is designed by a licensed professional engineer to assure a dry basement and preclude wet yards and recirculation of pumped or collected water. Unless, in the opinion of the County Engineer, the topography of the lot in relation to the overlot-grading plan precludes grading the site to drain the basement to daylight, all basements shall be designed to gravity daylight without assistance from mechanical means. All discharged water (mechanical or gravity) must be conveyed to the subdivision stormwater collection system and discharged through the stormwater management facilities. Drainage easements, where necessary, shall be placed on the Final Plat. A note shall be placed on the final plat stating, “Basements are not recommended in mapping units 14B, 14C, 48B, 78A, and 178B. Basements in these mapping units are subject to flooding due to high seasonal water tables. Sump systems may run continuously, leading to possible premature pump failure.”
5. No stormwater runoff generated from new development shall be discharged into a jurisdictional wetland without adequate treatment.
6. An overlot grading plan shall be provided as part of the Final Construction Plans.
7. Proof of provisions for adequate fire flow as outlined by the Office of Emergency Services shall be required with the first submission of the Final Construction Plans.
8. All applicable State and Federal permits shall be filed with the first submission of the Final Construction Plans. This includes the COE/DEQ permits for disturbance of wetlands.
9. The waterline easement along Sapling Drive shall extend to Greenwich Road to allow for future “looping” of the water system.
10. Stormwater Management Pond #6 discharges into Lot 4 of the adjacent proposed subdivision (Creekmont). A drainage easement across this lot shall be provided.
11. Permission shall be obtained from the owner of PIN: 7924-45-6276-000 to relocate the access.
12. Drainfield areas shall be labeled as “reserve” and “install”. Label drainfield areas if reserve and install are contiguous.
13. A Virginia Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS) shall adjust the Type I Soil Map soil lines onto the Final Construction Plan. This shall be done in the field and checked for any additional soils information to be added to the Final Construction Plan.
14. A signature block shall be placed on this plat for the CPSS to sign which states:
15. Interpretive information from the Type I soil report for each mapping unit shown on the above Final Construction Plan shall be placed on the same sheet as the soil map. Also a Symbols Legend shall be placed on the Final Construction Plan to identify spot symbols.
16. The following statements shall be placed on the same sheet as the Final Soils Map:
· Due to landscape position (drainageways) and high seasonal water tables the following statement needs to be placed on the Final Construction Plan to be placed in the front office of Community Development: "The County recommends that no below grade basements be constructed on soil mapping units 14B, 14C, 78A, and 178B due to wetness unless the foundation drainage system of the structure is designed by a Virginia Licensed Professional Engineer. The foundation drainlines should be daylighted for gravity flow on all structures."
· The following statement shall be included on Final Soils Map and E & S plans: “PRIOR TO FINAL CONSTRUCTION PLAN APPROVAL, IT SHALL BE AGREED THAT ALL DRAINFIELD AREAS ARE TO BE SURROUNDED BY SAFETY FENCING AND NO CONSTRUCTION TRAFFIC SHALL CROSS NOR SHALL LAND DISTURBANCE OCCUR IN THESE AREAS. THE FENCING OF THESE AREAS IS TO BE VERIFIED BY COUNTY STAFF BEFORE THE ISSUANCE OF THE LAND DISTURBING PERMIT.”
· Roads built on 14B, 14C, 78A, and 178B will need to be designed to overcome the low bearing capacity caused by the substation of these soil types which are high in silt and/or shrink-swell clays.
· The following statement needs to be placed on the Final Construction Plan: “Foundations placed in soil mapping units that show a moderate, high, or very high shrink-swell potential in the most recent Interpretive Guide to the Soils of Fauquier County, Virginia will require a geotechnical evaluation in order to determine proper design.”
· Soil mapping units 77B, 77C, and 77D are usually shallow to bedrock. The following statement needs to be placed on the Final Construction Plan: “The County recommends that before road or home construction begins in soil mapping units 77B, 77C, and 77D, a site specific evaluation be conducted so that shallow to bedrock areas are identified. These areas may require blasting if deep cuts or excavation is done.”
· Areas of steep slopes should be avoided at all cost due to high erosion hazard. Proper erosion and sedimentation practices need to be installed before construction begins. Soil mapping units 76D and 77D should be left in their natural state.
17. This Final Soil Map shall be filed in the Building Department to be used exclusively for obtaining soils information for this proposed subdivision.
18. Two copies of this Final Soil Map with CPSS signature shall be submitted to the Soil Scientist Office before Final Plat approval is made.
19. The final signature sets shall require original CPSS signature.
Attachment: Preliminary Plat