A Resolution to Approve SPEX06-SC-017: A Category 23 Special Exception for the Northern Fauquier County Sports Complex and Community Park For Fill in the Floodplain
WHEREAS, Fauquier County, owner and PHR+A, applicant, is seeking Special Exception approval for fill in the floodplain; and
WHEREAS, the applicant seeks to obtain this Special Exception to allow for two road crossings, a pedestrian crossing, parking lot, ball fields, and associated grading; and
WHEREAS, on March 30, 2006, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing on the proposed Special Exception and unanimously recommended approval of the application, subject to conditions; and
WHEREAS, on April 13, 2006, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 4-407, 5-006 and 5-2301; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 13th day of April 2006, That SPEX06-SC-017 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. This Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land, PIN 6070-40-3474-000, indicated in this application and is not transferable to other land.
2. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat titled “Special Exception Plan, Category 23, Floodplain Uses, Northern Fauquier Sports Complex”, dated February 14, 2006, approved with this application, as qualified by these development conditions. This includes two road crossings, a pedestrian crossing, parking lot, ball fields and associated grading.
3. Under no circumstances shall any use, activity, and/or development adversely affect the capacity of the channels or floodways of any watercourse, drainage ditch or any other drainage facilities or system which would increase flood heights and/or velocities, on adjacent properties.
4. Evidence that the letter of map revisions (LOMR) has been processed through FEMA within two years of the approval of this Special Exception.
5. The technical calculations for the Letter of Map Revision shall be submitted to the Community Development Department within six (6) months of approval of the Special Exception.
6. There is to be no storage of materials in the floodplain that cannot be readily moved or firmly anchored to prevent floatation or movement.
7. All structures (pavilions, pedestrian bridges, etc.) must be securely anchored so as to prevent movement or floatation.