RESOLUTION TO APPROVE SPECIAL EXCEPTION
OF FAUQUIER, OWNER AND CARL HUNT, APPLICANT
the County of Fauquier, owner, and Carl Hunt, applicant, have filed an
application to amend the hours of operation for a previously approved
special exception for non-spectator and spectator events; and
WHEREAS, on March 28, 2002, the Planning Commission held a public
hearing on this application and has forwarded the application to the Board
of Supervisors; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has considered the written and orally presented information of the applicants and conducted a public hearing for this application on April 15, 2002; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application is in substantial conformance with the Comprehensive Plan and the applicable provisions of the Zoning Ordinance; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED, by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 15th day
of April 2002, That the application is in substantial accordance with the
Fauquier County Comprehensive Plan, and, in that it meets the following
conditions, is hereby, approved.
1. The special exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application and is not transferable to other land.
This special exception is granted only for the purpose(s),
structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the special exception plat approved
with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
This special exception is subject to the provisions of Article 12
of the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance, Site Plans, as may be determined
by the Fauquier County Department of Community Development.
Any plan submitted pursuant to this special exception shall be in
conformance with the special exception plat dated March 14, 2001, and
4. This special exception shall be granted for a period of three years from the date of approval and must be renewed by the Board of Supervisors in accordance with the provisions of Section 5-013 of the Zoning Ordinance.
5. There shall be no more than three spectator events held on the subject property within any calendar year period.
6. No spectator event shall occur before 9:00 a.m. and all events must conclude no later than 8:00 p.m. Non-spectator events shall be limited to the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., with the exception that no event shall occur between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on Sundays, so as not to interfere with local church activities.
There shall be no more than two hundred attendees on site at any
one time, and no event shall last more than three consecutive days.
No structure associated with the use shall be closer than one
hundred feet to any adjacent lot line.
9. All parking must be provided on site, and shall be no closer than one hundred feet from any adjacent property.
The Airport Committee shall provide adequate security, emergency
traffic control, sanitation and refreshment services.
At least thirty days prior to the event, the Airport Committee
shall provide written proof to the Zoning Administrator that the following
agencies have been consulted: Fauquier County Sheriff’s Office, Virginia
Department of Transportation, Fauquier County Office of Emergency Services
and the Fauquier County Health Department.
11. Any retail use associated with this use shall be either accessory to the use or conducted by and for the benefit of a non-profit, tax exempt organization. The applicant shall provide the name, address and contact person for each entity conducting retail sales at the event to the Zoning Administrator at least thirty days prior to the event.
12. All grass areas used for parking shall be mowed and maintained so as to minimize the risk of vehicle and field fires.