Board of Supervisors Meeting Date:
CONSIDER A PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION APPLICATION (PP03-CR-12) - MYERS SUBDIVISION, CEDAR RUN DISTRICT
applicant is seeking Preliminary Plat approval to divide ±10.9 acres,
zoned Rural Residential (RR-2), into three (3) single-family residential
lots of approximately one (1) acre in size, plus a residue parcel of ±
5.82 acres. The applicant has initiated a series of actions to create a
total of six (6) new lots by dividing this property.
While this application seeks approval for three lots, plus the
residue parcel, an application seeking approval of two (2) lots by the
Administrative Division process was filed on
Section 9-7 of the Subdivision Ordinance requires that "…all preliminary plats approved by the Planning Commission shall be referred to the Board of Supervisors at its next regularly scheduled meeting…If the Board takes no action on the preliminary plat referral, the preliminary plat shall be deemed approved in accordance with the actions of the Planning Commission."
The Planning Commission staff reports are available upon request.
Requested Action of the Board of Supervisors:
No action is necessary, unless a
majority of the Board wishes to consider this preliminary subdivision
The final plat shall be in general conformance with the preliminary
plat entitled "Myers Subdivision" dated
Planning Office on
Prior to final plat and construction plan approval, the applicant
shall submit a detailed
landscape plan as required pursuant to Section 7-600 of the Zoning Ordinance.
3. A Virginia Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS) shall adjust the Type I Soil
Map soil lines onto the final working plat. This shall be done in the field and checked
for any additional soil information to be added to the final scale plat map.
4. A signature block shall be placed on the final plat for the CPSS to sign which
5. Interpretive information from the Type I soil report for each mapping unit shown on
the above final construction plan shall be placed on the same sheet as the soil map.
6. A Symbols Legend shall be placed on the final construction plan to identify spot
7. The following statements shall be placed on the same plat map once the final
mapping units are identified:
8. Once drainfield areas are identified and approved by the Health Department, the
following statement shall be placed on the final drainfield plat:
9. The primary and reserve drainfield and well types shall be stated on the final
10. The final soil map shall be filed in the office of Community Development and the
Building Department to be used exclusively for obtaining soils information for this
11. Two copies of the final soil map with original CPSS signature shall be submitted to
the Soil Scientist Office before final construction plan approval.
12. All driveway entrances shall be sited and constructed in accordance with
VDOT regulations and design standards.
13. Lots 3 and 4 shall share an entrance with the ingress/egress easement proposed to
serve the administrative lots, Lots 1 and 2.
culverts shall be designed for a 10-year storm.
15. Calculations demonstrating adequate channel downstream of all culverts shall be
required prior to final construction plan approval.
SWM/BMPs shall be designed and constructed to conform to
17. A homeowners' association maintenance agreement shall be required for the
Stormwater Management/BMP facility. The homeowners' association
documents shall be submitted with the final construction plans.
18. Maintenance easements shall be provided for all SWM/BMP facilities.
19. Natural drainageways shall be protected to the maximum extent possible.