Staff and Agency Review Comments
Staff and appropriate referral agencies have reviewed this request for conformance with the Comprehensive Plan, the Zoning Ordinance, and other relevant policies and regulations. Findings, comments, and recommendations are summarized below. Following each comment is a staff note in italics stating how the comment has been addressed.
The Fauquier County Soil Scientist’s Office has reviewed this application and has no comment.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) has reviewed this application and has the following comments:
1. Label the Route number for Greenwich Road as Route 603. (This has been added to the plat since these comments were made.)
2. Stone lined channel should be pulled outside of the right-of-way. (The stone lined channel has been removed from the design since these comments were made.)
3. Approval should be obtained from Verizon and NOVEC to cross their easements. (Approval has been obtained from both Verizon and NOVEC, and copies of the approvals have been forwarded to VDOT.)
4. A VDOT permit for discharge into the ditch is contingent upon necessary permits being in place from the appropriate agencies such Department of Environmental Quality. (The applicant has been notified of this requirement..)
5. Section A-A is shown for the outfall ditch, but it is unclear where this cross section is shown on the plan view as it does not appear to be labeled. (The plat has been revised and the cross section has been labeled.)
John Marshall Soil and Water Conservation District Considerations (JMSWCD)
John Marshall Soil and Water Conservation District has reviewed the above referenced application and has the following comments:
Virginia Erosion and Sediment Control Law excludes “septic tank lines or drainage fields unless included in an overall plan for land-disturbing activity relating to construction of the building to be served by the septic tank system” as a land-disturbing activity. Therefore, this site will not need an erosion and sediment control plan.
Silt fence will need to be installed downslope from any disturbance to control sediment flow. (Comment has been forwarded to the Applicant.)