A Resolution to Approve SPEX06-CR-019: Request to Build a Fire and Rescue Station
WHEREAS, Catlett Volunteer Fire Department, owner and Catlett Volunteer Fire Company, Inc., applicant, is seeking Special Exception approval to build and operate a fire and rescue station; and
WHEREAS, the applicant seeks this approval under Category 11 to build a combined fire and rescue station in the Village of Catlett; and
WHEREAS, this parcel is identified as PIN: 7922-93-4822-000; and
WHEREAS, on April 27, 2006, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing on the proposed Special Exception and recommended approval of this application; and
WHEREAS, on May 11, 2006, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 5-1100 and; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 11th day of May 2006, That SPEX05-CR-019 is hereby approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application and is not transferable to other land.
2. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
3. The development of the property shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat dated February 15, 2006 and received in the Planning Office on February 17, 2006.
4. A site plan shall be required, pursuant to Article 12 of the Zoning Ordinance.
5. The Special Exception shall be granted for an indefinite period.
6. Only emergency vehicles can have ingress/egress to the site from Route 28. No personal vehicles, deliveries, or others may use that entrance.
7. Internal (to the site) signage shall be required to clearly direct emergency vehicles only to the Route 28 entrance.
8. The facility may be use for overnight accommodations for personnel.
9. Ingress and egress shall be in accord with County and VDOT standards or approval.