Resolution to Approve Shady Grove Kennel & Hunting Preserve: SPEX06-LE-022 Request for a Hunting Preserve
WHEREAS, Old Dominion Electric Cooperative, Owner, and Neil Selby, Applicant, is seeking Special Exception approval to operate a hunting preserve; and
WHEREAS, the applicant seeks Special Exception Category 9 approval for a hunting preserve on 272 acres of land leased from Old Dominion Electric Cooperative (ODEC); and
WHEREAS, the parcels are identified as PINs: 6897-26-4438-000 & 6897-28-4312-000; and
WHEREAS, on April 27, 2006, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing on the proposed Special Exception and recommended approval of this application; and
WHEREAS, on May 11, 2006, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 5-900 and; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 11th day of May 2006, That SPEX05-LE-022 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application and is not transferable to other land.
2. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
3. The development of the property shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat received in the Planning Office on March 17, 2006.
4. A site plan shall be required, pursuant to Article 12 of the Zoning Ordinance.
5. The Special Exception shall be granted for an indefinite period.
6. The number of employees shall not exceed twelve (12).
7. The facility shall operate in accordance with all applicable state and local regulations.
8. The hunting preserve shall be limited to bird hunting and the use of shotguns with birdshot.
9. The preserve may operate daily between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
10. A 100-yard buffer zone, for safety, shall be provided and maintained around the perimeter of the designated hunting preserve area. Only Shady Grove employees (without guns) shall be permitted to enter the safety zone to retrieve downed game.
11. Hunting outside the designated preserve area is prohibited.
12. The border between the preserve and the 100-yard buffer area shall be adequately designated and secured with single stand wire fencing and brightly colored posted signs to indicate the area is a hunting preserve/no trespassing.
13. No hunting is allowed within 100 yards of a property line.
14. All hunters shall be accompanied by Shady Grove employees.
15. The applicant shall meet the provisions of Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance Section 3-309 applicable to the operation of hunting preserves.