Board of Supervisors Meeting Date:
Thomas A. Moran & Galia Ofer, Owners
Thomas A. Moran, Applicant
Deirdre B. Clark Community Development
Magisterial District: PIN:
Topic: PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION APPLICATION (PP03-L-23)
THOMAS A. MORAN & GALIA OFER SUBDIVISION
The applicant is seeking Preliminary
Plat approval to subdivide approximately 94.0 acres into five
single-family residential lots, ranging in size from ± 2.0 to 3.37 acres,
plus a residue parcel of approximately 79.6 acres.
The residue parcel, 85 percent of the parent parcel, will remain as
non-common open space. Following
the proposed division, no additional lots may be created.
A deed of non-common open space shall be recorded at the time of
the first plat of subdivision. The
property is located on the east side of
Section 9-7 of the Subdivision Ordinance requires that "…all preliminary plats approved by the Planning Commission shall be referred to the Board of Supervisors at its next regularly scheduled meeting…If the Board takes no action on the preliminary plat referral, the preliminary plat shall be deemed approved in accordance with the actions of the Planning Commission."
The Planning Commission staff reports are available upon request.
Requested Action of the
Board of Supervisors:
No action is necessary, unless a
majority of the Board wishes to consider this preliminary subdivision
The final plat shall be in general conformance with the preliminary
subdivision plat entitled "Preliminary Subdivision Plat – Thomas A.
Moran & Galia Ofer" dated
2. In accord with Section 7-603 2. of the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance, Residential Subdivisions, a landscape plan shall be required at record plat or construction drawing phase.
3. A Virginia Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS) shall adjust the Type I Soil Map soil lines onto the final construction plan. This shall be done in the field and checked for any additional soils information to be added to the final construction plan.
4. A signature block shall be placed on this plat for the CPSS to sign which states:
5. Interpretive information from the Type I soil report for each mapping unit shown on the above final construction plan shall be placed on the same sheet as the soil map. Also, a Symbols Legend shall be placed on the final construction plan to identify spot symbols.
6. The following statement shall be placed on the same sheet as the final soils map:
· "The County recommends that no below grade basements be constructed on soil mapping units 10A, 13B, and 313B due to wetness unless the foundation drainage system of the structure is designed by a Virginia Licensed Professional Engineer. The foundation drainlines should be daylighted for gravity flow on all structures."
7. The following statement shall be placed on the Final Construction Plans:
· "Before a home is started the builder needs to mark the drainfield area off and not disturb it during construction."
· "The County recommends that before road or home construction begins in soil mapping units 33B, C, & D, a site specific evaluation be conducted so that shallow to bedrock areas are identified."
8. The type of primary and reserve drainfield area shall be stated for each lot.
9. All of the symbols shown on the Type I Soil Map shall be included in the Soils Legend.
10. All intermittent streams shown on the Type 1 Soil Map shall be included in the final soils map.
11. Two copies of the final soil map with original CPSS signature shall be submitted to the Soil Scientist Office before final plat approval is made.
12. The final soil map shall be filed in the front office of Community Development and the Building Department to be used exclusively for obtaining soils information for this proposed subdivision.
13. A deed of non-common open space shall be recorded at the time of the first plat of subdivision.
14. All SWM/BMPs shall be designed and constructed to conform to Fauquier County Stormwater Management Ordinance standards. This may require minor changes to the lot sizes and configurations as shown on this Preliminary Plat.
15. A homeowners' association maintenance agreement shall be required for the Stormwater Management/BMP facility. The homeowners' association documents shall be submitted with the final construction plans.
16. Maintenance easements shall be provided for all SWM/BMP facilities.
17. Natural drainageways shall be protected to the maximum extent possible.
18. Appropriate bulk regulations district shall be placed on the plat.
19. All front setbacks shall be measured from the centerline of the roadway and correctly labeled.
entrances shall be sited and constructed in accordance with VDOT
regulations and design standards.
Department of Transportation shall review the record plat to assure
compliance with dedication and sight distance easement
The existing driveway currently serving
At such time as the