A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A SPECIAL EXCEPTION REQUEST (SPEX09-CT-017) FOR ADDITIONAL SIGNAGE
WHEREAS, Warrenton Liberty, LLC (Owner) and Holtzman Oil Corporation (Applicant), is seeking Special Exception approval to allow additional signage for an existing Denny’s restaurant, Liberty gas station and 7-11 convenience store on parcel 6995-00-4401-000; and
WHEREAS, on June 12, 2008, the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors approved a text amendment allowing signage in Commercial and Industrial areas to be increased by not more than one hundred percent with Special Exception approval, subject to consideration of certain findings; and
WHEREAS, on April 30, 2009, the Planning Commission conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, on June 11, 2009, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 8-1502; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 11th day of June 2009, That SPEX09-CT-017 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. Future signs shall be consistent with the application materials; total signage on the site shall not exceed 299.3 square feet.
2. The Special Exception is for a maximum of 149.3 square feet of additional signage over the allowed 150 square feet.
3. All signs shall require an approved zoning permit before installation.
4. The signs shall be backlit only.
5. The existing zoning violations shall be abated prior to any new sign permits being issued by the Zoning Office.
6. The Special Exception is granted for a ten year period, expiring on June 11, 2019.