A RESOLUTION OF THE
PLANNING COMMISSION OF THE COUNTY OF FAUQUIER
SPECIAL EXCEPTION APPLICATIONS SPEX07-CR-004 & SPEXN07-CR-010
PADDOCKS AT KASTLE GREENS
BE IT RESOLVED by the Planning Commission of Fauquier County, that, in the matter of the Special Exceptions SPEX-CR-004 and SPEX-CR-010, said Commission hereby makes the following affirmative findings and recommendation:
1. That the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance for a Special Exception are not met in these applications, the Planning Commission finding that said applications will negatively impact the public health, safety and welfare of residents of Fauquier County, and that conditions suggested by the applicant do not sufficiently mitigate the negative impact of the proposed use.
2. The proposed use will hinder and discourage the appropriate development and use of adjacent land and buildings and impair the value of adjacent land and buildings in violation of Section 5-006 of the Zoning Ordinance.
3. That the proposed use will be incompatible with existing or planned development in the general area, as set forth in Section 5-006 of said Zoning Ordinance, and will be incompatible with the general area and the Comprehensive Plan.
4. That the proposed use fails to comply with and is not in conformity with all the applicable standards of Article 5 of said Zoning Ordinance and all other applicable requirements of said Zoning Ordinance.
5. That the proposed clustered subdivision has lots that extend into the floodplain and does not meet the standards set forth in Section 2-406 of said Zoning Ordinance to demonstrate that the particular floodplain, reason of its size and shape, has no particular open space value.
6. That the applicant has not provided, as indicated to the Commission, notification language to be placed upon the final record plat and in deeds to the property placing prospective purchasers on notice of the existence of the Flying Circus in the vicinity of the proposed development;
NOW, THEREFORE, Be it resolved by the Planning Commission of the County of Fauquier, Virginia that the subject application be forwarded to the Board of Supervisors of Fauquier County with a recommendation of denial.