CONSENT AGENDA REQUEST
Board of Supervisors Meeting Date:
The California House
Staff Lead: Department:
Deirdre B. Clark Community Development
Magisterial District: PIN:
Consider Preliminary Subdivision Application (#PP03-M-11) – Fenny Hill Subdivision
The applicant is seeking preliminary
plat approval to divide approximately 18.9 acres into five (5)
single-family residential lots, ranging in size from
± 1.93 to 10.29 acres. Of the approximately 18.9 acres, ± 8.33
acres is zoned Residential (R-1), 7.5 acres is zoned Conservation District
(RC), and 3.07 acres is zoned Rural Agricultural (RA). The property is
located on the east side of
Section 9-7 of the Subdivision Ordinance requires that "…all preliminary plats approved by the Planning Commission shall be referred to the Board of Supervisors at its next regularly scheduled meeting…If the Board takes no action on the preliminary plat referral, the preliminary plat shall be deemed approved in accordance with the actions of the Planning Commission."
The Planning Commission staff reports are available upon request.
Requested Action of the
Board of Supervisors:
action is necessary, unless a majority of the Board wishes to consider
this preliminary subdivision application.
The Final Plat shall be in general conformance with the Preliminary
Subdivision Plat entitled "Fenny Hill Subdivision" dated
Final Plat and Final Construction Plan approval, the applicant shall
submit a detailed landscape
plan as required pursuant to Section 7-600 of the Zoning Ordinance for
Prior to Final Construction Plan approval, a lot density calculation shall
9. The following statement shall be placed on the final soils map:
· "The County recommends that no below grade basements be constructed on soil mapping units 15B, 15C, 415B and 10B due to wetness unless the foundation drainage system of the structure is designed by a Virginia Licensed Professional Engineer. The foundation drainlines should be daylighted for gravity flow on all structures."
10. The following statements shall be placed on the Final Construction Plans:
· "Before a home is started the builder needs to mark the drainfield area off and not disturb it during construction."
· “Foundations placed in soil mapping units that show a moderate, high, or very high shrink-swell potential in the most recent Interpretive Guide to the Soils of Fauquier County, Virginia will require a geotechnical evaluation in order to determine proper design.”
· “The County recommends that before road or home construction begins in soil mapping units 20B, 20C, 20D, 18D, 18E, and19D a site specific evaluation be conducted so that shallow to bedrock areas are identified. These areas may require blasting if deep cuts or excavation is done.”
The type of primary and reserve
(including percentage) drainfield area(s) shall be
stated for each lot.
12. The final soil map shall be filed in the front office of Community Development and the Building Department to be used exclusively for obtaining soils information for this proposed subdivision.
13. Two copies of the final soil map, with the original CPSS signature, shall be submitted to the County Soil Scientist Office before Final Plat approval is made.
All road design and construction shall be in accordance with VDOT's Subdivision
Street Requirements manual and VDOT's Road and Bridge Standards.
15. Road and other construction shall insure drainage water will not rise higher than 18" below the shoulder of proposed or existing public roads. At a minimum, culverts shall be designed to accommodate 10-year flood frequencies.
16. All utilities placed within the highway right-of-way shall be placed on the outer three (3) to five (5) feet of the edge of the right-of-way.
17. Trees within street rights-of-way shall not be credited towards satisfying Fauquier County's tree canopy ordinance.
18. Unpaved portions of street rights-of-way shall not be credited towards open space requirements.
19. The ingress/egress easement described in Deed Book 482, page 63, shall be vacated in the area shown on the plat to be dedicated to public use. All necessary parties to the vacation shall join in the plat or instrument vacating the easement.
At such time that the proposed road is accepted into the Virginia
Transportation public road system, provision shall be made for the
continued use of that portion of the existing ingress/egress easement that
is not included in that system.
All SWM/BMP facilities shall be designed and constructed to conform to
Fauquier County Stormwater Management Ordinance standards.
23. A homeowners' association maintenance agreement shall be required for the SWM/BMP facilities. The homeowners' association documents shall be submitted with the Final Construction Plans.
24. Maintenance easements shall be provided for all SWM/BMP facilities.
25. The SWM/BMP facilities shall be located on separate lots.
26. The toe of slope on the embankment or associated disturbed area of the SWM/BMP facilities shall be at least twenty-five (25) feet from the property line.
27. Driveway culverts and all
other pipes shall be shown on the Final Construction
Plan and shall be sized for the ten (10) year storm.