ORDINANCE TO APPROVE THE 2nd ADDITION TO THE
VALLEY AGRICULTURAL AND FORESTAL DISTRICT
Section 15.2-4310, Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, allows additional
parcels of land to be added to an existing district following the process
described for the creation of a new district; and
all requirements of Section 15.2-4310, Code of Virginia (1950), as amended
have been met; now, therefore, be it
by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 17th day of
June 2002, That the 2nd Addition to the Paris Valley
Agricultural and Forestal District be, and is hereby, adopted as follows:
1) That this addition is land which requires conservation and protection for the production of food and other agricultural and forestal products and as such is a valuable natural and ecological resource providing open space and clean air and adequate safe water supplies and other aesthetic purposes and is, therefore, valuable to public interest.
2) That this 2nd Addition to the Paris Valley Agricultural and Forestal District is hereby added this 17th day of June, 2002, in accordance with the provisions of Title 15.2, Chapter 43, Section 15.2-4310, Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, and for a period of eight (8) years.
3) That the 2nd Addition shall consist of the following parcel(s):
John E. and Antoinette M. Hudson 6023-86-4564-000 260.963 acres
John E. and Antoinette M. Hudson 6023-94-6137-000 2.955 acres
and be it,
FURTHER ORDAINED, That the same conditions and restrictions shall apply, to wit:
4) That pursuant to Title 15.2, Chapter 43, Section 15.2-4312, (b) of the Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance shall apply, except as modified below. The modifications are necessary to assure that the Ordinance does not conflict with the purpose for which the District was established.
a) All uses allowed by right in the applicable zoning district(s) for each parcel shall require a special exception permit, except that farming and single-family dwellings on a legally recorded parcel of record shall be permitted by-right.
b) Subdivision of land as defined in Article 2-39 of the Fauquier County Subdivision Ordinance is not permitted.
c) No special exception shall be in conflict with the purposes for which the District was created.
5) That these parcels qualify for land use value assessment provided that the parcels meet the criteria set forth in Article 4 of Section 58.1-3229 et seq. of Chapter 32 of Title 58.1 of the Code.
6) That the owners of land within the District shall not terminate the District, except in accordance with Section 15.2-4314 of the Code.
7) That lawful termination of any owner’s association in the District shall not serve to terminate the existence of the District, but the District shall continue in effect until the review required by Section 15.2-4314 of the Code.
8) That parcels under twenty-five (25) acres shall be excluded, except where exempted by the Board.
9) That if any of the 260.963 acre parcel is subdivided or boundary adjusted to below 25 acres then the parcel shall be removed from the district. In addition, if any of the 2.955 acre parcel is subdivided, boundary adjusted, or sold, then the parcel shall be removed from the District.
10) That the District will expire on May 15, 2006.