Resolution to Approve the paddocks at kastle greens special exception: spex07-cr-010, a category 20 Special Exception
WHEREAS, The Paddocks at Kastle Greens, Inc., owner and applicant, requests Special Exception approval to allow for the construction of individual wastewater treatment systems for each lot within a proposed 11-lot residential subdivision on PIN 7808-44-6128-000; and
WHEREAS, the Category 20 Special Exception is requested for construction of individual wastewater treatment systems to serve each lot to handle the household wastewater from the proposed 11-lot development; and
WHEREAS, the system proposed consists of an effluent treatment phase with the finished product is discharged into an evapotranspiration bed; and
WHEREAS, on April 26, 2007 and May 31, 2007, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held public hearings on the proposed Special Exceptions; and
WHEREAS, on June 14, 2007, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 5-2000; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 12th day of July, 2007 That SPEX07-CR-010 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application, currently known as PIN 7808-44-6128-000.
2. This approval grants one private individual non-discharge sewage treatment system for each lot, to accommodate a single family dwelling unit on each lot.
3. The applicant shall submit evidence that applicable permits (VDH and/or DEQ) have been granted for the non-discharge sewage treatment systems for each lot, prior to any land disturbing activities for work associated with the Special Exception.
4. The applicant shall provide a Grading Plan for review and approval by the County Engineer and the Health Department or the Department of Environmental Quality.
5. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
6. The eleven (11) individual non-discharge sewage treatment systems shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat prepared by Bury Partners and received in the Planning Office on May 29, 2007.
7. Each individual non-discharge wastewater treatment system shall be designed to serve a single-family dwelling unit. The design shall include any conditional permit requirements, per the Health Department or the Department of Environmental Quality. A requisite reference shall be recorded with the deed.
8. Prior to and for the duration of construction, the applicant shall provide safety fencing twenty (20) feet beyond the perimeter of the drainfield and reserve area (for the duration of construction) to ensure no excavation and construction activities would render the sites void.
9. The applicant shall provide for either a water meter on its well or an effluent meter to track water usage and submit monthly reports to the Health Department or the Department of Environmental Quality to ensure compliance with this Special Exception and Health Department permit conditions.
10. An initial six month review and subsequent annual inspection of the non-discharge sewage disposal system and readings from the meter shall be submitted to the Health Department or the Department of Environmental Quality.
11. Evidence of a permanent maintenance and monitoring agreement from a state licensed laboratory, company or business and a report on the status of the permitted system shall be submitted annually to the Health Department of the Department of Environmental Quality and to the Zoning Administrator to ensure compliance with this Special Exception. A requisite reference shall be recorded with the deed.
12. The applicant shall install oversized septic and pump tanks to provide adequate storage in the event of power outage.
13. The applicant shall maintain the plants and woody vegetation as shown in the engineered design of the system. These plants shall be maintained on a regular basis and replaced if any die back or do not thrive.