A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE SPECIAL EXCEPTION SPEX06-LE-024 AND
WHEREAS, Monument Development–14, LC and Fauquier Water & Sanitation Authority, owners, and Monument Development–14, LC, Fauquier Water & Sanitation Authority, and Remland, LLC, applicants, are seeking Special Exception approval to allow for the construction of a water storage tank within the Remington Service District on a portion of each of the parcels known as PIN# 6887-46-2019-000 and PIN #6887-46-8038-000, as well as a Comprehensive Plan Conformance Determination for the water storage tank; and
WHEREAS, two discrete applications are proposed:
1. SPEX06-LE-024 - Category 20 Special Exception to allow for the construction of a water storage tank; and
2. CCRV06-LE-004 - A Comprehensive Plan Compliance Determination
WHEREAS, on June 29, 2006, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing on the proposed Special Exception and unanimously recommended approval of the Special Exception applications, subject to conditions and approval of the Comprehensive Plan Conformance Determination; and
WHEREAS, on August 10, 2006, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors concurs with the Planning Commission and it has determined that the application for the water storage tank at this location is substantially in compliance with the County’s Comprehensive Plan in accord with the Code of Virginia, Section 15.2-2232; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the Special Exception applications satisfy the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 5-2000; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 10th day of August 2006, That Comprehensive Plan Conformance Determination CCRV06-LE-004, Monument Development–14, LC and Fauquier Water & Sanitation Authority, owners, and Monument Development–14, LC, Fauquier Water & Sanitation Authority, and Remland, LLC, applicants, be, and is hereby, approved; and, be it
RESOLVED FURTHER, That Special Exception SPEX06-LE-024 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application and is not transferable to other land.
2. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
3. The development of the property shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat entitled "Remington – Lucky Hill Road Water Tank" dated May 2, 2006 and received in the Planning Office on May 17, 2006.
4. A Site Plan shall be required, pursuant to Article 12 of the Zoning Ordinance.
5. The water storage tank and its infrastructure shall be located on a 100 foot by 100 foot lot dedicated to the Fauquier County Water and Sanitation Authority.
6. The applicant shall provide an access easement to the tank site and parking area to allow for access by Fauquier County Water and Sewer Authority or other government agencies.
7. The applicant shall design and construct the entire water system, including the wells, water lines, pumps, hydro-pneumatic tank and ground storage tank, in accordance with Fauquier County Water and Sanitation Authority standards and requirements so that it can be taken over by the Authority.
8. The maximum water storage tank height shall be 105 feet.
9. The maximum storage capacity of the water storage tank shall be 175,000 gallons.
10. The tower storage facility shall be an upside-down “tear-drop” style structure.
11. The tank color shall be determined by WSA and will generally be similar to its “Blue Ridge Blue” standard color.
12. The applicant shall maintain the existing mature tree buffer adjacent to the tank, as indicated on the Special Exception Plat.