A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE SPEX09-MA-020: Applicant wishes to obtain a Category 20 Special Exception to upgrade and replace an existing wastewater treatment plant
WHEREAS, the Sulphur Springs Investment Corporation, property owner and applicant, is seeking Special Exception approval to replace an existing wastewater treatment plant on PIN 6962-22-1908-000; and
WHEREAS, the wastewater treatment plant shall accommodate Fauquier Springs Country Club and four (4) existing residential units (PINs 6962-12-9262, 6962-22-0749, 6962-22-0674 and 6962-22-1457); and
WHEREAS, on June 25, 2009, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing on the Special Exception request and unanimously recommended that the application be approved, subject to conditions; and
WHEREAS, on August 13, 2009, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors concurred with the Planning Commission and agreed that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006, and 5-2000; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 13th day of August 2009, That SPEX09-MA-020 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception (SPEX09-MA-020) is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application, known as PIN 6962-22-1908-000, and is not transferable to other land.
2. The Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated, and shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat titled “Fauquier Springs Country Club Special Exception Plat” dated May 15, 2009 and revised on May 26, 2009, approved with the applications, as qualified by these development conditions.
3. Prior to land disturbance for any new construction or alterations of any type, a Site Plan consistent with the approved Special Exception, provisions of Article 12 of the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance and the bulk regulations for the underlying RA zoning district must be approved prior to obtaining building and zoning permits.
4. The applicant shall furnish evidence of a permanent maintenance and monitoring agreement from a state licensed laboratory, company or business; and a report on the status of the permitted system shall be submitted annually to the Health Department and to the Zoning Department to ensure compliance with this Special Exception.
5. The applicant shall provide the County with the following documentation during the Site Plan submittal:
a. Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) permit approval for a General Discharge Permit for the proposed discharge;
b. Required Health Department approvals for an engineered design of a wastewater treatment facility not exceeding a discharge capacity of 10,000 gallons per day (gpd).
6. This system shall be designed and built to treat no more than 10,000 gpd of wastewater.
7. The applicant shall contract with a licensed wastewater treatment plant operator (Class III or higher) to operate and maintain the approved facility.
8. This Special Exception shall approve the construction of one 10,000 gpd extended aeration treatment facility to serve the following uses: Fauquier Springs Country Club and four (4) existing residential units (PINs 6962-12-9262, 6962-22-0749, 6962-22-0674 and 6962-22-1457).
9. No grading or fill in the FEMA 100-year floodplain is authorized. A Category 23 Special Exception is required for those activities within the FEMA 100-year floodplain.
A Copy Teste
Paul S. McCulla