A PROCLAMATION HONORING THE WARRENTON VOLUNTEER FIRE COMPANY UPON THE OCCASION OF ITS 85th YEAR IN SERVICE
WHEREAS, the Warrenton Volunteer Fire Company has been proudly serving Warrenton and the Greater Fauquier County area since 1924; and
WHEREAS, in that time the organization has helped to set the standard for response, membership, and a business approach to the fire service; and
WHEREAS, the Company began with little more than a bucket brigade and man-pulled horse wagon and was located in the Old Courthouse Building; and
WHEREAS, the Company later acquired and built a fire station on Main Street with a substation at 78 Lee Street; and
WHEREAS, the Company moved its entire operation in 1976 to West Shirley Avenue and recently completed a major renovation and modernization; and
WHEREAS, in 2006, Warrenton Volunteer Fire Company merged with Warrenton Volunteer Rescue Company 6, to form a new joint entity; and
WHEREAS, the Company is the first in the history of Fauquier County to provide a 24‑hour medic unit to citizens; and
WHEREAS, in an effort to take a business approach to the fire service as well as provide affordable housing to senior citizens, the Company acquired Moffett Manor, an independent living community for residents 55 and better; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors wishes to recognize and honor the membership of the Warrenton Volunteer Fire Company for their many contributions to the community’s public safety; now, therefore, be it
PROCLAIMED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 13th day of August 2009, That the Board of Supervisors does hereby recognize and honor the membership of the Warrenton Volunteer Fire Company on the occasion of its 85th year in service.
Holder Trumbo, Jr.