A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE SPEX04-CR-021: A Category 20 Special Exception to Allow FOR THE OPERATION OF A WASTEWATER TREATMENT FACILITY
WHEREAS, the owners of the property identified by PIN: 7807-54-6024-000 have requested a Category 20 Special Exception to allow for a the operation of a wastewater treatment facility to serve the Culpeper Farmer’s Cooperative, Inc., and
WHEREAS, the requested Special Exception will allow the applicants to operate a permitted wastewater treatment facility on the property; and
WHEREAS, at its meeting on July 29, 2004, the Planning Commission voted unanimously to forward Special Exception SPEX04-CR-021 to the Board of Supervisors with a recommendation of conditioned approval; and
WHEREAS, on August 16, 2004, the Fauquier Board of Supervisors held a public hearing and considered public testimony; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 16th day of August 2004, That Special Exception SPEX04-CR-021, Culpeper Farmer’s Cooperative, Inc., Applicant, and David R. Chapman, Owner, be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application and is not transferable to other land.
2. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
3. Evidence of a permanent maintenance and monitoring agreement from a state licensed laboratory, company or business and a report on the status of the permitted system shall be submitted annually to the Health Department and to the Zoning Department to ensure compliance with this Special Exception.
4. The approved wastewater treatment facility on the property shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat entitled "Culpeper Farmers Co-Op" dated June 11, 2004, and Figure 2 “Typical Individual Wastewater System with Dishcharge Line, Actual Design to be Determined in Consultation with DEQ” received in the Planning Office on June 14, 2004.
5. The Applicant shall provide the County with the following documentation during the Site Plan submittal:
a) Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) permit approval for a General Discharge Permit for the proposed discharge;
b) Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) CE-7 permit for crossing VDOT right-of-way (Harper’s Run Road);
c) Recorded easement document showing permission for the discharge pipe to cross the adjacent parcel;
d) Required Health Department approvals for an engineered design of a wastewater treatment facility not exceeding a discharge capacity of 1000 gallons per day.
6. The number of gallons of treated wastewater discharged shall be less than 1000 gallons, per the DEQ regulations and the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance.
7. The applicant shall contract with a licensed wastewater treatment plant operator (Class III or higher) to operate and maintain the approved facility.