1. Achieve joint planning agreements with the School Board, Library Board, Parks and Recreation Board, and Community College to improve long-range planning for public facilities and consideration of joint uses.
2. Reduce the overall County growth rate from 3% to 1% by recommending strategies that are based on an evaluation of the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and build-out.
3. Improve the process for approving and expediting commercial and industrial development (i.e. site plan approval process).
4. Develop and implement strategies that will result in an increase in affordable housing for citizens and County employees.
5. Develop a plan for the development of County historic districts and possible overlay districts for the Board’s consideration.
6. Continue, but re-evaluate the Purchase of Development Rights Program criteria and encourage continued donation of conservation easements.
7. Evaluate the Zoning Ordinance with a goal of eliminating all non-conforming zoning outside of service districts and villages that is inconsistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
8. Create and implement an aggressive “Buy Local” campaign.
9. Review and recommend changes to the structure of County government that will improve the effectiveness of service delivery.
10. Improve relations with the Town of Warrenton and work closely on joint issues.
strategic transportation needs of the County comprehensively and work
with partners such as Virginia Department of Transportation and
neighboring jurisdictions to meet those needs.