A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A SPECIAL EXCEPTION REQUEST (SPEX08-CT-026) FOR ADDITIONAL SIGNAGE FOR AN AUTOMOBILE DEALERSHIP
WHEREAS, Safford Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge of Warrenton, applicant, is seeking special exception approval for additional signage for an automobile dealership on parcel 6995-10-1846-000; and
WHEREAS, on June 12, 2008, the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors approved a text amendment allowing signage in Commercial and Industrial areas to be increased by not more than one hundred percent with Special Exception approval, subject to consideration of certain findings; and
WHEREAS, on September 11, 2008, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 8-1502; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 11th day of September 2008, That SPEX08-CT-026 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. Future signs shall be consistent with the application, including the drawings labeled as “Northwest Elevation” and “Southwest Elevation” showing the location of future signs and the list of “Requested Signs” totaling 180.5 square feet.
2. The Special Exception is for a maximum of 144.5 square feet of additional signage.
3. All signs shall require an approved zoning permit before installation.
4. The signs shall be backlit only and turned off between the hours of midnight to 5:30 a.m.
5. The Special Exception is granted for a ten year period, expiring on September 11, 2018.
A Copy Teste
Paul S. McCulla