A Resolution to Approve SPECIAL EXCEPTION AMENDMENT
#SEAM07-LE-002 – Cedar Lee Middle School
WHEREAS, the Fauquier County School Board, applicant, is seeking Special Exception Amendment approval to allow for an addition to the existing Cedar Lee Middle School; and
WHEREAS, on August 31, 2006, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing on the proposed Special Exception and recommended approval of the applications, subject to Conditions; and
WHEREAS, on September 14, 2006, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 5-500 and; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 14th day of September 2006, That SEAM07-LE-002 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. This Special Exception Amendment is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application and is not transferable to other land.
2. This Special Exception Amendment is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with this application, as qualified by these Development Conditions.
3. A Site Plan shall be required, pursuant to Article 12 of the Zoning Ordinance.
4. The applicant shall meet landscape and buffering requirements pursuant to the Zoning Ordinance.
5. No new structures shall be constructed or located within 100 feet of any adjoining property line, which is in a Rural or Residential zoning district.
6. All lighting shall be in conformance with the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance and positioned downward, inward and shielded to eliminate glare from all adjacent properties.
7. The middle school shall be allowed in the Residential (R-4) Zoning District, per the request in Special Exception Amendment SEAM07-LE-002.
8. The applicant shall satisfy and meet the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) requirements for school entrances.
9. Storm water management and Best Management Practices (BMPs) shall be required for the site.
10. With the approval of this Special Exception Amendment, future renovations, additions or minor improvements to school facilities shall be allowed to proceed as Site Plan Amendments.
11. The internal property lines shall be vacated prior to Site Plan approval.