Board of Supervisors Meeting Date:
James R. Hendricks, Trustee for Margaret Hendricks
Misty Run Estates, Phase Three, Preliminary Subdivision Plat PP03-S-28
The applicant is seeking
Preliminary Plat approval to subdivide approximately 10.48 acres into five
single-family residential lots, ranging in size from ± .79 to 1.18 acres,
plus a residue parcel of approximately 6.12 acres.
Approximately 6.05 acres, slightly more than fifty percent of the
subject parcel, shall remain as common open space.
The subject property is zoned Residential-1 (R-1), and is located
on the west side of State Route 674 (
Section 9-7 of the Subdivision Ordinance requires that "…all preliminary plats approved by the Planning Commission shall be referred to the Board of Supervisors at its next regularly scheduled meeting…If the Board takes no action on the preliminary plat referral, the preliminary plat shall be deemed approved in accordance with the actions of the Planning Commission."
The Planning Commission staff reports are available upon request.
Requested Action of the Board of Supervisors:
No action is necessary,
unless a majority of the Board wishes to consider this preliminary
subdivision application. On
The Final Plat shall be in general conformance with the
preliminary subdivision plat entitled “Preliminary Plat, Phase 3, Misty
Run Estates”, dated
2. Prior to Final Plat and Construction Plan approval, the applicant shall submit a detailed landscape plan as required pursuant to Section 7-600 of the Zoning Ordinance.
3. In accord with Section 6-102.24.C.1 the 100 year flood pool and spillway for ponds shall be located not less 50 feet from an adjacent property unless written consent of the owner is provided.
4. Section 2-309(3) requires that “in cases where open space requirements exceed five (5) acres, a minimum of three (3) acres will be so located and shall have dimensions and topography as to be open space usable for active recreation.” This condition must be met with the Final Construction Plan and Final Plat.
5. Natural drainage swales are to be protected to the maximum extent possible. The swales across Lots 4 and 5 shall be protected. No house shall be built within the 10-year water surface areas.
Lots 1 and 6 may use the existing driveway access, or one
shared driveway entrance from Route 671, if approved by VDOT.
7. Verification of adequate fire flow and hydrant coverage shall be provided prior to approval of the Final Construction Plans.
8. The toe of slope on the embankment or associate disturbed area of the SWM/BMP shall be at least twenty-five (25) feet from the property line.
9. Driveway culverts and all other pipes shall be shown on the Final Plan and shall be sized for the ten (10) year storm.
10. Prior to Final Construction Plan approval, as-builts of the SWM/BMP ponds shall be provided along with routings of these facilities to assure that they are functioning as designed and will meet the minimum requirements of eh SWM/BMP Ordinance.
11. Ponds and dams shall be inspected by an engineer, and their structural stability shall be certified prior to approval of the Final Construction Plans.
A Virginia Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS)
shall adjust the Type 1 Soil Map soil lines onto the final working plat.
This shall be done in the field and checked for any additional soil
information to be added to the final scale plat map on sheet 4 of 5.
A signature block shall be placed on the Final Plat for the CPSS to sign
14. The following statements shall be placed on the Final Plat:
"The County recommends that no below grade basements be constructed
on soil mapping unit 16B due to wetness unless the foundation drainage
system of the structure is designed by a Virginia Licensed Professional
"Foundations placed in Soil Mapping Units that show a moderate, high, or very high shrink-swell potential in the most recent Interpretive Guide to the Soils of Fauquier County, Virginia will require geotechnical evaluation in order to determine proper design."
15. Once the drainfield areas are identified and approved by the Health Department, the following statement shall be placed on the final drainfield plat:
a home is started, the builder shall mark the drainfield area off and not
disturb it during construction.”
drainfield and well types shall be stated on the Final Construction Plan.
easements, including the fiber-optic cable easement, shall be shown on the
Final Construction Plan.
driveway entrances shall be sited and constructed in accordance with VDOT
regulations and design standards.
19. Calculations demonstrating adequate channel downstream of the culvert shall be required prior to Final Construction Plan approval.