A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE
Southeastern Alternative School
WHEREAS, the Fauquier County School Board, owner and Fauquier County Public Schools, applicant, is seeking Special Exception approval to allow for the construction of an additional building for school use on PIN #7911-30-8998-000; and
WHEREAS, on September 24, 2009, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing on the Special Exception request and unanimously recommended that the application be approved, subject to conditions; and
WHEREAS, on October 8, 2009, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors concurred with the Planning Commission and agreed that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006, and 5-500; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors also grants approval for a waiver of Zoning Ordinance Section 5-504.2; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 8th day of October 2009, That SPEX10-CR-004 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. This Category 5 Special Exception Amendment (SPEX10-CR-004) is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application (PIN #7911-30-8998-000) and is not transferable to other land.
2. The school use for the entire site shall be allowed.
3. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with this application, as qualified by these Development Conditions.
4. A Site Plan shall be required, pursuant to Article 12 of the Zoning Ordinance.
5. No new structures shall be constructed or located within 100 feet of any adjoining property line, which is in a Rural or Residential zoning district.
6. All lighting shall be in conformance with the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance and positioned downward, inward and shielded to eliminate glare from all adjacent properties.
7. The applicant shall satisfy and meet the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) requirements for school entrances.
8. With the approval of this Special Exception Amendment, future renovations, additions, or minor improvements to school facilities shall be allowed to proceed as Site Plan Amendments.
A Copy Teste
Paul S. McCulla