A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A SPECIAL EXCEPTION REQUEST
(SPEX09-CR-001) FOR ADDITIONAL SIGNAGE FOR A SERVICE STATION
WHEREAS, Trenis Exxon, owner/applicant, is seeking special exception approval for additional signage for a service station on parcel 7922-85-9592-000; and
WHEREAS, on June 12, 2008, the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors approved a text amendment allowing signage in Commercial and Industrial areas to be increased by not more than one hundred percent with Special Exception approval, subject to consideration of certain findings; and
WHEREAS, on October 9, 2008, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 8-1502; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 9th day of October 2008, That SPEX09-CR-001 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception is for a maximum of 147.95 square feet of additional signage over the 150 square feet allowed.
2. Zoning permits shall be obtained for the Building Hardware sign, two canopy signs and four pump signs.
3. Multiple signs, including existing canopy signs, pump signs, and multiple temporary placards and banners shall be removed within fifteen days of Special Exception approval or the Special Exception shall be null and void.
4. All unpermitted signs shall require an approved zoning permit before installation.
5. The Special Exception shall expire one (1) year after the Board of Supervisorsí adoption of a new sign ordinance.
A Copy Teste