A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE VINT HILL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY’S CATEGORY 23 SPECIAL EXCEPTION TO ALLOW FOR FILL IN THE FEMA FLOODPLAIN (SPEX08-CR-001), FOR GRADING AND STORMWATER POND LOCATED IN THE FLOODPLAIN
WHEREAS, Vint Hill Economic Development Authority and the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors, owners, are seeking Category 23 Special Exception approval to allow for fill in the floodplain associated with grading for two regional stormwater management ponds; and
WHEREAS, on September 27, 2007, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held public hearing on the proposed Special Exception; and
WHEREAS, on October 11, 2007, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board has determined that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 5-2300 and; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 11th day of October 2007, That SPEX08-CR-001 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. This Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application as PIN’s 7915-86-1930-000 and 7915-88-0998-000.
2. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the “Special Exception Plan, Vint Hill Parcel, Grading in the Floodplain” dated July 12, 2007, and received in the Planning Office on August 10, 2007, as approved with this application, as qualified by these development conditions.
3. Under no circumstances shall any use, activity, fill, and/or development within the floodplain adversely affect the capacity of the channels or floodways of any watercourse, drainage ditch or any other drainage facility or system which would increase flood heights and/or velocities on adjacent or downstream properties.
4. A detailed hydrologic and hydraulic flood analysis shall be provided for the flood corridor using NRCS methodology. This shall be submitted to FEMA for CLOMR/LOMR processing and approved through FEMA prior to the approval of the infrastructure/site plan.
5. Bonding with Fauquier County shall be required for FEMA fees and studies.
6. Required permits shall be obtained from DEQ, DOE, and/or VMRC for any work in waters of the US and/or the state.
7. Applicant shall show the areas of contamination near the disturbance sites and jurisdictional wetlands on the infrastructure/site plan.
8. Applicants shall provide documentation that disturbance can occur near well VNT1A and on top of the monitoring well with the first submittal of the infrastructure/site plan.
9. The artesian well on site shall be effectively capped prior to Board of Supervisor action.