A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE Providence Christian Academy SPEX10-CR-003: A Category 5 Special Exception to Request Approval to Operate a Private School, CEDAR RUN DISTRICT
WHEREAS, Blue Rock, LLC, owner, and Young D. Shin, applicant, are seeking Category 5 Special Exception approval to operate a private school (primary and secondary/advanced – kindergarten through twelfth grade) in a (leased) building at Vint Hill Station on PIN #7915-86-3249-000; and
WHEREAS, on September 24, 2009, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing on the Special Exception request and unanimously recommended that the application be approved, subject to conditions; and
WHEREAS, on November 12, 2009, the Board of Supervisors conducted a public hearing and considered written and oral testimony; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors concurred with the Planning Commission and agreed that the application satisfies the standards of Zoning Ordinance Articles 5-006 and 5-500; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors also finds that the type and amount of traffic generated by the facility is such that it will not cause an undue impact on the neighbors or adversely affect safety of road usage for Watson Court per Zoning Ordinance Section 5-502.2; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 12th day of November 2009, That SPEX10-CR-003 be, and is hereby, approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with this application, as qualified by these development conditions.
2. The Special Exception shall grant the following uses at the site:
a. Primary School - allowed in accordance with Zoning Ordinance Sections 3-305.2, 5-006, 5-501, 5-502, and 5-504.
b. Secondary/Advanced School - allowed in accordance with Zoning Ordinance Sections 3-305.3, 5-006, 5-501, 5-502, and 5-504.
3. This Special Exception approval grants the Providence Christian Academy a five (5) year permit; subject to annual administrative renewals (for the following school year), in May of each year, by the Zoning Administrator.
4. No new structures shall be constructed.
5. Maximum student enrollment per school year shall be one hundred fifty (150) students with twenty (20) faculty members.
6. Regular hours of school operation shall be limited from 8:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
7. Evening high school or adult classes shall be allowed and may be scheduled from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
8. Providence Christian Academy shall have the option to provide before and after school care for children attending its school. The hours of operation shall start prior to regular school start time and continue after school, including sports and extracurricular activities, until 6:00 p.m.
9. Any outdoor recreation area on the project parcel (PIN #7915-86-3249-000) shall be fully fenced.
10. For outdoor recreation, the number of children that may use the space at any one time is based on the size of the fenced area and the child’s school year as follows: kindergarten through grade 3 shall have 200 square feet of space per child using the recreational area at any one time; and grades 4 through 12 shall have 430 square feet per child using the recreational area at any one time.
11. Children shall be escorted by teachers and utilize sidewalks to access the outdoor recreation area or other athletic fields.
12. The new entrance shall be clearly designated as a point of ingress/egress. It shall be adequately marked through a combination of signage and pavement markings.
13. An adult or teacher shall monitor regular drop-off (7:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.) and pick-up (3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) times at the school entrance.
14. Children will be escorted by an adult at all times, including but not limited to the playground and restroom. Providence Christian Academy shall use specific procedures and guidelines for adults to follow when accompanying students. A copy of these procedures shall be submitted to the County for the project file.
15. The school shall provide evidence of appropriate insurance (full liability policy).
16. Providence Christian Academy shall have an emergency policy that includes emergency forms to be signed by parents and/or legal guardians that provide details regarding emergency care. A copy of this document shall be submitted to the County for the project file.
17. Providence Christian Academy shall have a written emergency plan in case of accident, fire, snow, or other unforeseen occurrence. This includes an emergency call plan, posted evacuation maps, written procedures, and practice drills as mandated by state and county codes. A copy of this document shall be submitted to the County for the project file.
18. No food preparation or lunch service shall be offered. Students shall bring packed lunches.
A Copy Teste
Paul S. McCulla