Board of Supervisors Meeting Date:
Llewellyn J. Evans
Elizabeth A. Cook Community Development
A Resolution to Approve Special Exception #SE02-S-21, Llewellyn J. Evans, Owner/Applicant, PINS #6995-15-0169-000, #6995-15-0974-000 and #6995-15-4081-000, Scott Magisterial District
applicant is seeking special exception approval, pursuant to Zoning
Ordinance Category 23 (Floodplain Uses), to allow fill in the floodplain
in association with construction of a roadway embankment for a new street
and a Stormwater Management (SWM)/BMP facility.
This request is the first in a series of applications associated
with a preliminary residential subdivision plat located on approximately
47.56 acres with three individual parcels.
The single-family lot sizes will range from 1.0 acre to ±8.74
acres. The property is located
on the east side of
currently titled, the proposed subdivision is identified as Airlie
Estates; however, at the request of the Planning Commission, staff, and
to the public hearing, the applicant has met with the Scott District
Supervisor and the
Requested Action of the
Board of Supervisors:
If requested by the applicant, postpone action on the special exception request to allow time for comments from the United States Army Corps of Engineers and the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality. However, a resolution of approval is attached for the Board of Supervisor's consideration if action is requested.
The Planning Commission recommends approval of Special Exception #SE02-S-21, to permit fill in the floodplain associated with the proposed floodplain crossing and an online Stormwater Management/BMP facility, subject to the following development conditions:
1. The special exception is granted for, and runs with, the land indicated in this application and is not transferable to other land.
This special exception is granted only for the purposes(s),
structure(s) and/or use(s) indicated on the special exception plat and
application, as may be further qualified by these development conditions.
With respect to the floodplain conditions, any final subdivision
plat submitted pursuant to this special exception shall be in general
conformance with the special exception plan prepared by Bowman Consulting
entitled "Airlie Estates", dated August 2002, and received in
the Planning Office
There shall be no increase in flood levels or velocity of
floodwaters off-site as a result of the proposed floodplain crossing, as
determined to the satisfaction of the
4. Prior to final construction plan approval, the applicant shall obtain a Conditional Letter of Map Revision (CLOMR) from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The applicant shall request a final Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) within 90 days of completing construction of the floodplain crossing. An improvement bond will be required to cover the amount of the LOMR fee, as-built plans, and any other requirements as outlined in FEMA’s CLOMR.
5. The final plat for the subdivision shall show the revised floodplain limits. In no instance shall more than 25% of the required minimum lot area for any individual residential lot be covered with the 100-year floodplain.
The design of all floodplain impacts shall be coordinated
with, and approved by, the
7. Any land disturbance within the 100-year floodplain shall be stabilized and seeded in accordance with Virginia Erosion and Sediment Control Regulations.
8. If the development streets are required to be public, an additional review and approval shall be required by the Virginia Department of Transportation.
9. The applicant shall provide evidence to the County that any and all required DEQ permits have been obtained prior to approval of the final construction plans.
No financial analysis was required for this application.