CONSENT AGENDA REQUEST
Board of Supervisors Meeting Date:
Arlington Builders, Inc.
Deirdre B. Clark Community Development
Topic: PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION APPLICATION (#PP02-M-15)
ARLINGTON BUILDERS, INC. PROPERTY
The applicant is seeking
approval of a preliminary subdivision plat to divide approximately 2.0
acres zoned Village (V) into two (2) single-family residential lots of
± 1.0 acre each. The
property is located on the west side of Springs Road (Route 802) between
its intersection with
Section 9-7 of the Subdivision Ordinance requires that "…all preliminary plats approved by the Planning Commission shall be referred to the Board of Supervisors at its next regularly scheduled meeting…If the Board takes no action on the preliminary plat referral, the preliminary plat shall be deemed approved in accordance with the actions of the Planning Commission."
The Planning Commission staff reports are available upon request.
Requested Action of the
Board of Supervisors:
No action is necessary, unless a
majority of the Board wishes to consider this preliminary subdivision
The final plat shall be in general conformance with the preliminary
subdivision plat entitled "Preliminary Plan, Plat Showing Boundary
and Division, Arlington Builders, Inc., Property – Lot 3" dated
September 9, 2002 and received in the Planning Office on September 25,
2. A Virginia Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS) shall adjust the Type I Soil Map soil lines onto the final plat. This shall be done in the field and checked for any additional soil information to be added to the final scale plat map.
The location for the reserve drainfield for
4. A signature block shall be placed on this plat for the CPSS to sign which states:
5. Interpretive information from the Type I soil report for each mapping unit shown on the above plat shall be placed on the same soil map. Also a Symbols Legend shall be placed on the plat map to identify spot symbols.
6. The following statements shall be placed on the same plat map:
· "The County recommends that no below grade basements be constructed on soil mapping units 16C due to wetness unless the foundation drainage system of the structure is designed by a Virginia Licensed Professional Engineer."
· "The County recommends that before road or home construction begins in the soil mapping units 25B, 325C, and 325D a site specific evaluation be conducted so that shallow to bedrock areas are identified. These areas may require blasting if deep cuts or excavation is done."
· "Structures placed on mapping unit 200 will require a geo-technical study and the foundation will need to be designed by a Virginia Licensed Professional Engineer in Accordance with the Uniform Statewide Building Code."
· "Before a home is started the builder shall mark the drainfield area off and not disturb it during construction."
7. The foundation drainlines should be daylighted for gravity flow on all structures.
8. Neither a drainfield nor a reserve drainfield shall be located in soil unit 200.
9. The shared driveway apron shall be designed and paved to Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) standards and appropriate bonding shall be posted as required by the County and/or VDOT.
Prior to final plat and construction plan approval, the applicant
shall submit a detailed landscape plan as required pursuant to Section
7-600 of the Zoning Ordinance.