A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS SPEX04-MA-002, CATEGORY 20 AND SPEX04-MA-006, CATEGORY 23 AND PRELIMINARY PLAT PP03-M-33 FOR THE FLETCHERVILLE RESUBDIVISION
WHEREAS, Mildred S. Fletcher, owner and Keith Fletcher, applicant, have filed an application to permit the construction of an above ground sewage pump station under the provisions of Article 5-2000 of the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance; and
WHEREAS, owner and applicant, have filed an application to allow fill in a floodplain under the provisions of Article 5-2300 of the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance; and
WHEREAS, on September 25, 2003, the Planning Commission held a public hearing on this application and, on October 30, 2003, made a recommendation of approval; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has considered the written and orally presented information of the applicants and conducted a public hearing on this application; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the general standards of Article 5-006 and the additional standards for public utilities and floodplain uses at Sections 5-2000 and 5-2300 of the Zoning Ordinance; and
WHEREAS, owner and applicant have submitted a preliminary subdivision plat for the resubdivision of the Village of Fletcherville for 33 single-family lots on approximately 23.22 acres; and
WHEREAS, the Fauquier County Planning Commission voted to approve Preliminary Plat #PP03-M-33 – Preliminary Resubdivision Plat Fletcherville, subject to conditions; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 15th day of December 2003, That the applications of Keith Fletcher to permit the construction of a sewage pump station and to allow fill in a floodplain in association with the Fletcherville Resubdivision be, and are hereby approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. These Special Exceptions are granted for and run with the land indicated in these applications and is not transferable to other land.
2. These Special Exceptions are granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plan approved with these applications, as qualified by these development conditions.
3. The development of the property shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat entitled "Fletcherville - Special Exception Plan Category 20-Public Utilities-Pump Station Category 23-Floodplain Use" dated 07/16/03, revised 7/23/03 and received in the Planning Office on August 14, 2003.
4. A Site Plan shall be required, pursuant to Article 12 of the Zoning Ordinance for the Sewer Pump Station.
5. A Landscape Plan shall be required for the Sewer Pump Station, pursuant to Article 7 of the Zoning Ordinance. Required landscaping shall conform to the landscaping shown on the Special Exception Plat or Article 7 requirements, which ever is greater.
6. The connection of Nelson Lane to Route 17 shall be removed once the Sewer Pump Station is constructed. The applicant shall post appropriate surety bonding for this removal and reconditioning of the area.
7. The existing pavement of Nelson Lane shall not be removed until the driveway to the Pump Station is constructed. The access to the Pump Station shall not be from Route 17. Once the Pump Station driveway is constructed, the section of Nelson Lane that will not be dedicated to public use shall be removed and the area reseeded.
8. A guardrail shall be extended across the vacated entrance from Route 17 to Nelson Lane.
9. The existing and proposed culverts for existing Nelson Lane and the proposed Pump Station driveway shall be reviewed during the Final Construction Plan and Site Plan review to determine if they are adequately sized. These structures shall be designed as required by the County and VDOT.
10. The proposed culverts shall be sized to pass the 10-year storm and the headwater depth shall be 12 inches below the Pump Station driveway and the common driveway easement.
11. A drainage easement shall be dedicated at the downstream end of the proposed culverts, if required by the County or VDOT.
12. The Sewer Pump Station shall be operated and maintained by the Town of Warrenton.
13. Approval of the Special Exception for fill in the 100-Year Floodplain shall be limited to disturbance associated the construction of the cul-de-sac extension for Nelson Lane.
14. If it is necessary to fill in the 100-Year Floodplain, the applicant shall show that this fill will not cause an increase in the level of flooding or the velocity of floodwaters. No additional potential hazard of debris shall be created subject to movement of floodwaters, which might cause damage downstream. No materials or equipment will be stored in the floodplain, since this would create a danger to downstream properties. All information regarding any fill in the floodplain is to be submitted to the County Engineers Office for review and approval when plans are complete.
15. Slope maintenance easements shall be dedicated, if required, with the Final Plat; and be it
RESOLVED FURTHER, That the Board does hereby approve Preliminary Plat #PP03-M-33 – Preliminary Resubdivision Plat Fletcherville, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Final Plat shall be in general conformance with the Preliminary Plat entitled "Preliminary Resubdivision - Fletcherville" dated 6/17/03, revised through 10/31/03, signed 11/6/03 and received in the Planning Office on November 10, 2003, except as modified by these conditions.
2. In accordance with the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance, a tree canopy calculation, landscape plan and buffer plan shall be provided with the Final Construction Plans.
3. All road design and construction shall be in accordance with VDOT's Subdivision Street Requirements manual and VDOT's Road and Bridge Standards, unless modified by this approval, the Community Development Department, and/or VDOT. Approval of this Preliminary Plat modifies Subdivision Ordinance Sections 5-7, Street Width; 7-8, Graded Width; 7-9, Pavement Width; 6-1, Local Street; 6-2, Collector Street; 7-1, Design; 7-2, Standards; 7-16, Landscaping; 8-1, Curb, Gutter and Sidewalk; and 8-2, Ditch Cross Section; as noted in the applicant's Statement of Justification and modified by the Preliminary Plat and these conditions.
4. Street grades shall not exceed 10%, unless approved by the County Engineer.
5. The typical road section shown on Sheet 2, as modified herein and agreed to by both the County Engineer's Office and VDOT, is approved for this resubdivision.
6. Road and other construction shall insure drainage water will not rise higher than 18 inches below the shoulder of proposed or existing public roads. At a minimum, culverts shall be designed to accommodate the following flood frequencies:
7. All utilities placed within the street right-of-way shall be placed on the outer 3 to 5 feet of the edge of the right-of-way. Manholes shall not be located in the pavement or shoulder of highways. Deviation from this condition requires prior approval by VDOT and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
8. Culverts shall be designed to pass the 10-year storm with 12 inches of freeboard.
9. A minimum right-of-way width of 40 feet is approved for the proposed public streets in this resubdivision.
10. The driveway entrance to Lot 21R shall be perpendicular to the roadway or as approved by VDOT.
11. Those private roadways, pipe stems, and ingress/egress easements provided for with the resubdivision shall be maintained by the uses of said access ways. The applicant shall submit homeowners' association documents or other required road maintenance agreements for County approval prior to Final Plat approval.
12. The development shall be served by Town of Warrenton Sewer Service.
13. Approval of this Preliminary Plat grants the applicant's requested open space reduction pursuant to Zoning Ordinance Section 10-206. No less than 40% of the gross site acreage shall be in open space. This open space area may be either common or non-common.
14. Approval of this Preliminary Plat modifies Subdivision Ordinance Section 4-18, Lots, Shape. The lot configuration shall be in general conformance with the approved Preliminary Plat.
15. The requirements for a Phase 1 Soils Study, a Hydrogeological Study, and/or a traffic study are waived with approval of this Preliminary Plat.
16. The existing community water system may serve the existing residential properties located within the resubdivision. However, no new residential units may be added to that existing community water system.
17. Approval of this Preliminary Plat is subject to approval of a Special Exception to allow an above ground sewage pump station, and approval of a Special Exception to allow minor disturbance and fill in the 100-Year Floodplain in association with construction of a roadway.