A RESOLUTION APPROVING SPEX04-CR-009: A Category 20 Special Exception to Allow For an Above Ground Water Storage Tank For Vint hill
WHEREAS, Vint Hill Economic Development Authority, owner/applicant, is seeking Special Exception approval for an above ground water storage tank, which will replace an existing facility; and
WHEREAS, the existing facility is dilapidated, outdated and undersized; and
WHEREAS, on October 30, 2003, the Fauquier County Planning Commission held a public hearing and recommended approval of the proposed Special Exception; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has considered the written and orally presented information of the applicants and conducted a public hearing on this application; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors has determined that the application satisfies the general standards of Article 5-006 and the additional standards for public utilities at Section 5-2000 of the Zoning Ordinance; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED by the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors this 15th day of December 2003, That SPEX04-CR-009 be, approved subject to the following conditions:
1. The Special Exception is granted for and runs with the land indicated in this application and is not transferable to other land.
2. This Special Exception is granted only for the purpose(s), structure(s) and/or uses indicated on the Special Exception Plat approved with the application, as qualified by these development conditions.
3. The development of the property shall be in general conformance with the Special Exception Plat entitled "Special Exception Plan Vint Hill Water Tower" dated 9-12-03 and received in the Planning Office on September 12, 2003.
4. The applicant shall provide an access easement to the tank site and parking area to allow for access by Fauquier County Water and Sewer Authority or other government agencies.
5. The maximum water storage tank height shall be 145 feet.
6. The maximum storage capacity of the water storage tank shall be 500,000 gallons.
7. A Site Plan shall be required, pursuant to Article 12 of the Zoning Ordinance.
8. The tower storage facility shall be painted light blue or white in color, as permitted by the FAA.
9. The tower storage facility shall not be lighted, unless required by the FAA.
10. The existing tree buffer adjacent to the parcel shall not be disturbed, except that dead or diseased vegetation may be removed and replaced.