Board of Supervisors Meeting Date:
Deirdre B. Clark Community Development
Service District: Bealeton 6899-24-9836-000
Topic: PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION APPLICATION – (PP02-L-18)
The applicant is seeking
approval of a preliminary subdivision plat to divide approximately 16.1
acres zoned Commercial Highway (C-2) into three (3) parcels of ± 0.58,
1.71 and 12.41 acres for future commercial development.
The property is located on the east side of
Section 9-7 of the Subdivision Ordinance requires that "…all preliminary plats approved by the Planning Commission shall be referred to the Board of Supervisors at its next regularly scheduled meeting. If the Board takes no action on the preliminary plat referral, the preliminary plat shall be deemed approved in accordance with the actions of the Planning Commission."
The Planning Commission staff reports are available upon request.
Requested Action of the
Board of Supervisors:
No action is necessary, unless a
majority of the Board wishes to consider this preliminary subdivision
final plat shall be in general conformance with the preliminary
2. A Virginia Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS) shall adjust the Type I Soil Map soil lines onto the final plat. This shall be done in the field and checked for any additional soil information to be added to the final scale plat map.
3. A signature block shall be placed on the Final Soil Map sheet for the CPSS to sign which states:
Interpretive information from the Type I Soil Map for each
mapping unit shown
5. The following statement shall be placed on the final plat:
· “Foundations placed in Soil Mapping Units that show a moderate, high, or very high shrink-swell potential in the most recent Interpretive Guide to the Soils of Fauquier County, Virginia will require geotechnical evaluation in order to determine proper design”.
In accordance with Section 7-600 of the Fauquier County Zoning
Ordinance, a tree canopy calculation, landscape plan and buffer plan shall
be provided with the final plat and construction plans.
final construction plan must include a Stormwater Management/BMP facility,
as required by the Stormwater Management Ordinance.
All road design and construction shall be in accordance with
Road and other construction shall insure drainage water will
not rise higher
Provisions for adequate Stormwater Management will be
required with all
A water model will be required with the final plans to
12. All lots shall have frontage on a public street prior to final plan approval.
13. All required improvements to roads adjacent to the subject
property shall be
As is required by Section 5-7 of the Subdivision ordinance, all new
Prior to final construction plan approval, the applicant
shall demonstrate that